Ch.2 Huge Regret

■3rd Person POV■

Y/N is waiting at the spot where he and Kuguri used to met and walk to school together. But even after their designed time passes, she doesn't see him.

Her heart clenches realizing that Kuguri is totally avoiding her. Her tears roll down her cheeks but she wipes them right away.

She turns on her heels and walks to school, not knowing that a certain boy is actually watching her from his hiding spot. Kuguri still goes in the exact time as he usually did and saw Y/N when he's about to turn.

He waits and then sees as Y/N shed tears and wipes them. His heart hurt seeing her like that but he's still too angry. In the end, the two really didn't talk at all.

On lunch break, some of her classmates are asking her to eat with them.

Y/N: ah... I'm sorry... I don't feel well...

Girl1: want us to take you to the infirmary?

Y/N: no need to, thank you so much... you guys better eat now, the lunch break is not that long...

The girls who are worried follow what Y/N says and walk away, letting Y/N have some space.

Girl1: they're definitely fighting... she's totally faking that smile... it doesn't look like her...

Girl2: no, I can't bear to see L/N like that... Kuguri is an idiot if he dumps her...

Girl3: I wonder what happens...

Girl4: poor L/N she looks so down...

As these girls talk when they walk out of the classroom, Nakano could hear everything they said. He looks back at Y/N who sits on the third row.

She stares at her book, studying or probably try to study to ease her mind but she can't hide the sadness in her eyes. Nakano's chest feels heavy and he turns around looking away from her, trying to shoo the guilt away but to no avail.

When the school ends, Y/N is on her locker when she sees someone walks out of the exit. Kuguri is walking out of the school building and next to him is Kurumi, they walk to the gym together.

Y/N's heart clenches and she feels like crying. She closes her locker and runs out of the school ground.

Kuguri is walking to the gym and Kurumi is following him.

Kurumi: Kuguri kun, can I watch you practic-

Kuguri: I'm not practicing just meet up with the team...

Kurumi: ah then do you think can I wait and can we walk to-

Kuguri: I'm going with my friends... you can go home...

Kurumi is annoyed that even though Kuguri is no longer with Y/N, he still never look at her way.

On his way to the gym, Kuguri sees someone running to the gate from the side of his eyes and looks that way. He sees Y/N runs out of the school ground and his breath hitches. He's worried because she looks not fine at all.

But he's still conflicted, so he keeps walking to the gym.

■Y/N's POV■

Are they together?

My heart hurt so much, only yesterday we broke up because of a misunderstanding but Naoyasu is already close with Nakayama.

Y/N: why...

I walk home and make sure to wipe my tears away before getting inside. I walk inside and takes my shoes off.

Y/N: mother, I'm home...