Ch.5 Not Alone

■Y/N's POV■

I'm currently boiling some soba. Yesterday the store was closed because Naoyasu and I held our wedding. Our wedding is based on a deal.

When I'm trying to get the water away from the noodle, my uncle came into the kitchen.

Yamato: Y/N, you should leave the store now...

I look at my watches

05.26

Why should I leave? We're close at 9

Y/N: it's only 5, uncle, are we closing early?

My uncle sighs and stares at me.

Yamato: Y/N... you're married yesterday... you have a husband now... I mean I know you both have work and postponed your honeymoon, but don't you at least want to spend your day eating dinner together?

Dub dub

I forgot that my uncle and the other doesn't know about Naoyasu's and my marriage is actually just a plan to make grandpa happy, and prevents me from being set up by my uncle.

Uncle came to me with a bag and hands it to me.

Yamato: here, take this... it seems like Soba with wild veggies is his favorite... you can cook this at home... you can take a day off from the restaurant too you know...

I feel bad...

I'm practically lying to my uncle and family. I take the bag and nod at him.

Y/N: r-right... hehe... I'm sorry I forgot...

Yamato: you're weird... well, now go and enjoy the evening with him... from now on you can leave at 5

Uncle took off my apron and pushes me out of the restaurant. I wave at him as he waves and smiles at me.

I turn on my heels and head home, to Naoyasu's apartment.

■Kuguri's POV■

I'm walking into the convenience store around my apartment, buying some instant food. I head to my apartment, slightly tired from today's work.

I greet the security on the first floor and  go up to where my unit is. I enter the passcode to my place and open the door.

The moment I step inside the hall, a good smell is in the air, hitting my nose and makes my stomach grumble. Then a sweet voice came from across the hallway, along with Y/N who peeks from the other side of the hall.

Y/N: Welcome home Naoyasu san...

Dub Dub

She's already home?

Coming home to delicious smell and being greeted by someone is startling me, in a good way.

Kuguri: I'm... home...

I walk further inside, heading to where the source of the smell is. Y/N is facing away from me, cooking in the kitchen. And then she turns around.

Y/N: Naoyasu san, I have prepared a bath... maybe you want to soak yourself fir- wait... is that instant food?

I look at the bag in my hand and notices that Y/N is already standing in front of me.

Y/N: instant food?

Kuguri: ah I thought you're still at the restaurant...

Y/N: do you always eat this?

I look at her, she's intensely staring at me. I don't know why she looks as if she is glaring.