Chapter 5 | The Lost Piece

* Around two weeks later  *

It was a usual Friday night. The boys were playing D&D in Mikes basement, while it's night and it feel very cozy and fun...

" Dustin, Lucas! Your mom's called. They want you home!" Karen shouted from the kitchen.

" UGH! MOM CAN THEY STAY A BIT LONGER?" Mike rolled his eyes annoyed.

" I said no! It's late you guys can hang out  tomorrow!"

" But mom ple-"

" Micheal, period!" Dustin and Lucas waved good bye to Will and Mike as they left sadly. Now it was only Mike and Will. They didn't know what to do, because it's boring to play D&D with only 2 people.

" M-Mike my mom said I-I could stay at your place" muttered Will

" BOYS ITS LATE! GO TO SLEEP!" Karen shouted. After a while Will crawled in his sleeping bag and they both feel asleep.

" Please.....stop....STOP!" Mike woke up to Will balling his eyes out.

" Will...Will? Do you hear me? What's wrong..?" Seeing tears falling from these gorgeous eyes made Mike also want to cry.

" M-Mike...I-I'm scared...." Will mumbled looking down. Mike hugged Will, in a pure, soft hug, letting his nose bury into Will's hair. His hair had a delicate smell of vanilla, Mike had no idea why he loved it so much.....And they ended up falling asleep...

" BEEP! BEEP!" Mike jumped up from bed in cold sweat. He looked out the window, to see a picture of really late autumn: gray, lifeless. Just like his mental state recently. Mike has been feeling like was falling into a big hole of thoughts, questions he couldn't find an answer to made him go crazy...SO crazy. He stoped talking to everyone, digging himself deeper in this hole, that he guessed was called "Depression". He stop talking to El. Stoped talking to Dustin. Stoped talking to his parents and Holly. Stoped talking to people....

" I feel like I lost a piece of myself...but how do I understand what or who is the lost piece..?" Mike thought.

" Will....of course! This little piece of adorable shit has been making me question myself. Question what is going on with me and why am I feeling this weird tickling in my stomach as I think of you....Will" Mike took a deep breath and grabbed his head. The only thing he knew for sure is that he needed help. Needed someone to talk to. Someone who will understand him...

" My first option is Dustin, but he is too addicted to Suzie, plus he wants understand. Second is Lucas, which is a straight no, because he's just...not a person to talk to about feelings....." Mike told himself. He didn't have a person to get all the pain and confusion out...."friends" they call themselves.

" But the last option is....Max. Maxine Mayfield, the girl he hated for stealing El away from him. Now he couldn't feel the same anger at her. Why?" Mike started realizing. Max was always a person who could listen and understand you. No wonder El picked to be friends with her.

" I mean we live only once...let's risk it." He said as he got up and walked out the door.