01

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝓪𝓯𝓯𝓮𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 // 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓯𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓼

You hair dangled off the side the bed, arms outreached in front of your face. The blue light lit up the spot in the dark room as you stared at the last message.

we need to talk.

You squinted at each word on the screen. You knew what this was about. You knew this was coming. You had barely seen each other in a few weeks, and neither of you were making any effort to do so. 

You didn't even feel a bit of remorse for the situation.

It was becoming exhausting trying to make everything work. He had been busy with volleyball practice, and you were trying to study for college entrance exams, along with managing the boys volleyball team at your school.

How you even thought this was meant to work was beyond you. You knew what he was like when he was at school, you witnessed it one time when you went to surprise him. He had girls basically hanging off of him, and he enjoyed every moment of it. Despite him telling you that he was just appeasing them, something didn't sit right with you.

Ever since that day, you felt yourself rolling your eyes at any affection he showed towards you.

And that wasn't how you wanted to feel.

just send a text, we dont need to talk.

You knew that wouldn't fly with him. He would want to see you, but you just couldn't bring yourself to talk about trying to make it work. If you didn't feel anything now, knowing that the end was probably coming, talking to him wasn't going to make it any easier. If anything, you were just going to pity him. Worse, he could be feeling the same way as you, and you would be become irritated that he didn't try to fix the relationship sooner.

don't be a hypocrite ...

You let out a heavy sigh. You weren't trying to fix it either. Deep down, you wanted it to work. He was a different person when you were together, just the two of you. He focused more on you than what was going on with volleyball or anything else in his life. 

But knowing that he was different when it came to you, brought you full circle as to why you were frustrated with the relationship. You wanted him to be the person you knew all the time, not when it was convenient for him. You thought that person you only got to see was the better version of him.

You weren't trying to change him though. That wasn't your way of doing things. If this is how he wanted to act in a relationship, then he could find someone willing to put up with both sides of him.

Your phone started to vibrate.

You smirked at his name on the screen. Tooru. You watched as it rang until the screen turned black. You knew how this would play out. You wouldn't answer, and he would be waiting tomorrow at the front gate of school to pick you up. That way, you would have no other choice than to talk to him.

You rolled over onto your stomach, and scrolled through your contacts, stopping on one name that made you catch your breath. Suga. You thumb hovered over it, ready to tap, but you hesitated. You were so willing to talk to someone else when you were deliberately ignoring your boyfriend. 

Your body collapsed, sinking down into the soft mattress. You weren't supposed to feel this way about someone else. No matter how close you might have become, you knew these feelings steamed from what you were lacking in your current relationship.

The buzzing from your phone persisted. If you talked to Oikawa now, you wouldn't have much to say. You needed time to think, to prepare yourself. If you went into this feeling the way you did now, you might regret it.