07

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓮𝓴 𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓮𝓭𝔂 // 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓶𝓫𝓪𝓽𝓼

"We'll be having a scrimmage game against Aoba Johsai next Friday," Coach Ukai announced at the end of practice. Anything else he said after Aoba Johsai went in one ear and out the other.

You hadn't spoken to Oikawa since the night he told you he wanted to leave for Argentina, which had been over a week at this point. You were supposed to be thinking if following him would be the right choice for you, but instead your only focus was on the player physically next to you.

Thankfully, you were in the back on the group because his hand kept bumping against your hand, loosely intertwining his fingers with yours, before letting go. You finally clasped on, before shooing his hand away.

"Cut it," You hissed.

Suga leaned in.

"I'm just trying to distract you from thinking about you-know-who," He whispered.

It was working, but not for long. You wondered if maybe you should text him to see if he wanted to talk after the game. Your nerves were getting the best of you. Whether or not you were still really together, he had been an integral part of your life for the last few years. To just act like that never happened, like he was a stranger, felt wrong.

But part of you also doubted he even wanted to stay in a relationship with you. 

He stopped his good morning texts, and no attempts of calling you saying he was making some kind of mistake. Not even an 'I miss you.' If he was still your boyfriend, then why did you feel like even sending a text was a burden? And why wasn't he making an effort to reach out?

Before you could even begin a message, Kiyoko interrupted.

"Hey, Y/n," She said, "We're still on for tomorrow, right?"

"Oh, what are you guys up to?" Suga asked unexpectedly.

"We're just going shopping," Your voice rose. You didn't want to have to tell Suga exactly what you were shopping for out of embarrassment. When he had asked what your hobbies were outside of school, you failed to mention one small thing.

You liked to collect manga, and not just like a couple of series. Your bedroom had bookshelves to the ceiling, overfilled to the point your parents said it might be time purge some. There was one specific volume of a series you were trying to find, and you had been having trouble getting your hands on it. There was a comics expo happening the upcoming weekend and Kiyoko agreed to go with you. You didn't think you'd have to mention that you didn't want anyone else knowing about it, but you were clearly wrong.

"She's looking for this manga she's obsessed with," Kiyoko said nonchalantly, as Asahi and Daichi walked up, "You guys want to come with us? I'm not really into it, but it could be fun."

The heat in your cheeks were burning. Not only did she expose you, but now everyone was agreeing to meet up to go to the expo. As they all discussed plans for the upcoming Saturday, Suga took a step closer to your side.

"Wait, really?" Suga asked while everyone was distracted. His eyes were wide, and he was grinning wide.

"Yes!" You whined, burying your face in your hands, "Don't make fun of me!"

"I'm not making fun of you!" Suga chuckled, "I'm just surprised you're into that, that's all."

He glanced down at you from the corner of his eye.

"So," He started casually, "What's it about?"

"What?" You were confused for a moment.

"The manga you're looking for," He reiterated.

"Oh," You cheeks flushed pink, "It's just this romance one."

"Hm?" He continued, "What happens in this romance manga?"

"It's about -" You paused. As you thought about the plot, you realized it mirrored your life all too closely. You cringed a little as you continued, "A girl who is in a love triangle with these two guys who are from rival basketball schools."

There was a second of silence between the two of you.

"Do you relate to it?" He quipped.

You let out a low groan, finally turning away to start gathering your things to go home. He reached out, hooking onto your arm to bring you back to his side.

"I'm kidding!" He joked, "Kind of."

You rolled your eyes, and this time he let you leave his side to go help clean up and collect your bag. When you walked out of the gymnasium, Suga was leaning against the wall waiting for you.

"So, one more question about this romance manga," He said, as he walked with you out the school.

"Mhm?" 

"Who does she choose?"

"I wish I knew," You sighed, "Maybe it would make my decision a little easier."

Suddenly you were walking by yourself, turning around to see Suga had stopped. It took you a moment to register what you had just said aloud.

"Your decision?" He questioned. 

Your eyes grew wide. 

"Forget I said anything," You quickly turned around to head home.

"Woah, no, hold on," Suga caught up to you, grabbing onto your hand, "What are you saying, Y/n?"

You knew you weren't going to be able to leave without giving him some kind of answer. Maybe if you verbalized how you were feeling, you might have an easier time figuring out what you want.

"That maybe," You were trying to think of the best way of conveying what you wanted to say, without outright telling Suga you liked him, "Tooru isn't the only one I have to think about. Maybe there's someone else."

Suga stared at you, his mouth slightly agape. You weren't sure what else to say, and he wasn't giving you any kind of response.

All of a sudden, Suga groaned, throwing his head back and covering his face.

"Y/n, you can't just tell me something like that and not expect me to want to do something about it." 

Do something ... The kiss between you and Suga was the only thing on your mind when you weren't thinking about Oikawa. It was the only thing you wanted more than an answer to your mess of problems.

He told you if you wanted it to happen again, you would have to be the one to make the move.

"Then do something," You said sheepishly, tugging on his jacket towards you. 

You looked up at him from under your lashes. It wasn't like you to act this way, but you wanted Suga to finished what he had started.

Without another word, his lips were on yours again. He felt his way under your jacket, pulling you flush against him. His other hand was lost in your hair. Your hands trail up the front of his shirt, until your arms wrap around his neck.

Tasting him on you mouth again, his tongue feverishly finding yours, your mind felt dizzy from ecstasy. You let yourself go in that moment, biting his bottom lip, a deep groan sounding from this throat, only making you want him more.

This is how you wanted to feel.

The only thing you didn't feel was the low buzz in your pocket.