02

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻, 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 // 𝓽𝓽𝓷𝓰

You bit your lip, and you could feel your heart race. You scanned the courtyard for anyone who stood out among your black uniforms. The were only a few students walking out, and there wasn't anyone waiting for you like you thought.

You were wrong. And it hurt.

You shouldn't have been as upset as you were, but you couldn't help yourself. Maybe, you thought, you didn't want to end it.

You rifled through your pocket for your phone, only to see no missed calls or texts. Why was this hurting you so much? You were so sure ... weren't you?

Suddenly, a tap on your back brought you back to reality.

"Hey, Y/n, we missed you at practice today." A wide smile spread across Suga's face as he stopped to talk to you, with Asahi and Daichi waving hello before walking ahead.

"What's wrong? It looks like you've seen a ghost." You weren't the best at hiding your emotions, your facial expressions usually gave yourself away. You weren't sure if it was the initial shock that your boyfriend wasn't there waiting for you, or the person you considered calling the night before was standing in front of you.

"Oh, uh, nothing," You felt yourself blush and your gaze fell to the ground.

Suga's head tilted toward yours, trying his best to make eye contact with you.

"Are you waiting for Oikawa?" Suga asked.

Hearing Oikawa's name caused you to swallow hard. You still couldn't understand this lingering feeling when it came to him. You told yourself it was over, and you told yourself you didn't feel anything for him anymore. Then why, when you looked up at Suga, were there tears forming?

Suga's eyes widened.

Reflexively, Suga grabbed your wrist, pulled you closer to him, as a group of classmates walked by. You froze, a gasp quietly escaped you. Your face was mere inches from his chest, and your face felt hot. He probably didn't think too much of the act, but you couldn't help but want to stay like that for a little while longer.

Suga lifted you chin to look at him. Your glossy eyes peered up at him. 

"Did you and Oikawa - " He hesitated before finishing, worried he might upset you some more.

You shook your head, quickly rubbing your eyes making sure they were dry. 

"No," you sighed, "At least, not officially."

His eyes seemed to pity you, but he smile was sweet.

"Do you wanna go somewhere?"

- ♡ - 

You walked beside Suga down the road towards your house. You hugged your books close to your chest as he finished up his iced tea from the coffee shop he brought you to, your head consumed with thoughts about the past hour you had spent together. 

Your heart hadn't stopped pounding since he paid for your drink. Even though you tried to tell him no without stumbling over your words, he insisted. You spent little time talking about volleyball and college, and he eventually turned the attention onto you. He asked about what you liked to do on the weekends, your favorite food, your hobbies, about your family. 

The two of you had started to become close over the past year due to college prep courses, and you couldn't deny that you were at least a little bit attracted to Suga. But your relationship with Oikawa had always been your boundary that kept your feelings for him at bay. Therefore, spending time together outside of school was nerve-racking.

Not to mention, you felt some kind of guilt from being alone with him.

Though, you were grateful he provided some kind of distraction. You knew this afternoon wasn't going to be able to last forever, and soon you would be home in your room, alone, thinking about Oikawa again.

As you turned the corner together, you noticed someone sitting on your front steps. It was hard to miss considering the bright white and teal colors of the jacket. 

He stood up at the sound of your footsteps nearing, but his face dropped the moment he saw Suga standing next to you.

"Seriously, Y/n? You don't pick up your phone last night, and now you're out on a date with Sugawara?" His brows furrowed as glanced back and forth between you two.

"It wasn't a date," You said flatly, "He was just walking me home."

"I figured I'd wait here since we'd probably be out at the same time. I didn't think I'd be waiting for over an hour."

"You've been waiting that long?" You whispered. It was more of a thought you said out load, confused as to why you didn't think he would show up here instead.

"Maybe I should go ..." Suga interrupted before Oikawa said anything, "I'll see you at school, Y/n."

You gave Suga a small smile and watched as he left out your front gate, feeling Oikawa's stare burn into the back of your skull.

As you turned back to him, the only thought running through your mind was that this was it, you had to face whatever problems you had in your relationship. You couldn't keep running.

"Are you ready to talk?"