03

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝓭𝓲𝔃𝔃𝔂 𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓷 // 𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻

"What is up with you?" You could hear the annoyance in his tone.

"Nothing," You sighed, crossing your arms, "Why don't you just get this over with?"

He ran his fingers through his hair.

"You are so infuriating," He breathed out, rubbing the bridge of his nose. It stung a little bit, throwing a jab right before the blow. He must have noticed you flinch a little at his words, because he was suddenly right in front of you. 

He put his hands on your shoulders before kissing your forehead. You shut your eyes, and wrapped your arms around his waist instinctively.

The reality was that you weren't ready to lose him just yet. Your relationship had been rocky, and you both were at your breaking point with each other. But Oikawa was your first real relationship, and you had been together since your first year. To let him go after almost three years together was going to be hard, no matter how you felt.

Karasuno happened to have their first joint practice with Aoba Johsai, and the moment you saw him, you were instantly attracted to him. You didn't think too much of it though, considering you thought he was too attractive for you. He didn't seem to notice you either, or so you thought.

He waited for you outside the school before leaving with his team, stopping you to ask for your number. At first, you thought it was a joke; but when you laughed, he started to stutter over his words, almost like he was embarrassed. 

From that moment on, you were inseparable. He saw you every moment he had the chance. To you, it was like a dream. And now, it was like you were waking it from it all.

"I just feel like you hate me," He whispered against the top of your head.

You pulled away enough to look up at him, but kept your hands clasped together around him, still unwilling to let go.

"I don't hate you, I'm just frustrated," You said, "You're a different person when it comes to me. In a good way. But when you're around other people, sometimes I feel like you'd rather I wasn't around."

He knew what you meant. You were implying that he needed to keep up appearances. People didn't see Oikawa as being the sappy boyfriend you knew, but rather the guy who gets all the girls and can't bother to be tied down. Other than a few of his teammates, he didn't make it public knowledge that he had a girlfriend. It was almost as though you were a secret. While you didn't mind since you went to different schools, if you were together in public, it was evident how differently he would treat you. Like you weren't even there.

"I don't mean to," Was all he could say, as he squeezed his arms around you.

It wasn't what you wanted to hear though. You wanted him to apologize, to tell you it would be different. At least act like he was fighting to keep this relationship afloat. 

"Do you not want people to know about me?" You wanted him to say it. You wanted him to say he didn't want other girls to know.

"People know about you," He tried to reassure you, but you knew he was dodging your question.

"You know what I mean. Do you not want other girls to know you have a girlfriend?" You had asked this question before, and he had given you a half-assed answer that you had just accepted at the time. He knew it bothered you, but nothing changed since then.

He took a deep breath, turning his head to the side.

"I just don't know," He mumbled.

The fact that he couldn't give you a straight again answer disappointed you. You felt like you wanted to cry, but you couldn't. You were too angry to cry. 

"Maybe," You started, trying to keep your composure, "We need to take a break, so you can figure out what you want."

"Y/n, I don't want to break up," He pleaded, "That's not why I wanted to talk. I'm going to be leaving Japan after high school."

You didn't know how long you stood there without speaking. You weren't even sure what to say. It was hard enough trying hearing him say in one breath that he wasn't sure if he wanted everyone know you were his girlfriend, while in the next, he plans on moving after you both graduate.

"Are you thinking about doing long distance?" It was the only thought you had.

"Well, no," He laughed as though you should've already known what he was thinking, "I wanted you to come with me."

"I can't just drop everything in my life and leave to go ... go?"

"Argentina."

"Argentina..." You repeated.

"Why not?" Oikawa couldn't comprehend where you were coming from and it irritated you even more.

"I plan on going to college here, I've been taking college prep courses and I've working so hard trying to get into my dream school. And I don't exactly want to leave my family to move across the world. I had everything planned out - my life here. You can't just drop a bomb like this and expect me to follow," You snapped.

You could tell your outburst wounded him. He was asking you to stay with him, and you were straight up telling him no, even though deep down you wanted to stay with him too. You just weren't expecting there to essentially be an ultimatum attached to it. 

Maybe Argentina would be a fresh start to your relationship, or maybe you would be in the same rut just a new location. It was hard to say without going through with it.

"I'm sorry, it's just something I'd have to think about for a while." You wanted to ease the tension. You knew neither of you were willing to compromise in that moment.

Oikawa scowled.

"Maybe you're right. Maybe we need a break to figure out what we want."