08

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝓼𝓰𝓵 // 𝓷𝓸𝔀, 𝓷𝓸𝔀

3 missed calls.

You read the words on the screen about a million times since the night before. To know Oikawa tried calling you while you had Suga lips pressed against yours, made your stomach turn. You felt some kind of guilt. Were you really "still together" on this break? Regardless, you knew being with someone else this quickly didn't feel entirely fair to Oikawa. 

You needed to figure this out soon. But every time you click his name to start a new message, something keeps distracting you.

"So where is this manga of yours?" Suga asked teasingly. 

When you looked up, you noticed that Kiyoko and the others were no longer there, leaving you alone with Suga. Kiyoko had barely said a word on your way to the convention center, and now she had left without saying anything. There was one thing you knew about Kiyoko, and that was that she wasn't going to put up with how you had been acting lately. A feeling of dread came over you as you thought about the walk home later.

"Where did they go?" You asked, ignoring his question.

"They went to grab coffee or something, they said they'd meet up with us after," He gaze shifted between you and your phone, "Did something happen? You keep looking at your phone."

"It's nothing," You said, shaking your head, "We should head in."

As you approached the door together, Suga offered out his hand for you to hold.

"It's so we don't get separated," He reassured you.

"Yeah, right, it's just an excuse for you to hold my hand," You said as you hesitantly put your hand in his.

"Maybe," He said with a squeeze, "But you didn't say no either. What does that say?"

As smart as you thought you were for calling him out, he called you out right back. You weren't opposed to holding hands, but you didn't trust yourself. Every time you came in contact with Suga, you would feel this overwhelming rush, and you weren't sure how to handle it.

You made your way through the crowd, searching for the booth, never leaving Suga's side. It felt natural, being with him, and holding as hand, as though you were a couple. As much as you enjoyed being with him, you couldn't deny the nagging feeling in the back of your mind.

"Is this it?" Suga asked, snapping you out of your daze.

It was the booth. But there was barely anything left. You felt defeated.

One good thing could've come from the day at least, you thought.

"We've been looking everywhere for you guys," You heard behind you suddenly. You both turned to see Kiyoko, Diachi, and Asahi standing there, staring.

"Why are you guys -" Diachi started to ask, before immediately letting go of each other's hands.

Each of them looked skeptical. You knew Asahi wouldn't pry, and Diachi would only ask Suga when they were alone. That only left Kiyoko.

You felt your eyes wandering, quickly searching for something to look at to distract you. But it was as though she was pulling you in. When you finally looked at her, she was glaring at you, still waiting on the answer.

"We weren't able to find what we came here for," Suga finally broke the uncomfortable silence. 

You watched as Diachi nodded slowly. You felt frozen in place, wondering what everyone was assuming between you and Suga. No one was going to address the elephant in the room, except one person. And you were hoping she wasn't going to do it right there.

"I actually have to start heading back," Asahi said while looking at his phone, "I forgot I had something to do right now."

Your sigh of relief was cut short when you saw Kiyoko move towards you.

"I think it's time for us to go too, come on," Kiyoko said taking her chance, grabbing onto your hand as she walked past you.

The three boys watched as she dragged you down the sidewalk. Before turning around, you noticed a small smirk appear on Suga's face, and you felt your lips do the same.

You and Kiyoko walked in silence most of the way to station. You were well aware she wasn't happy with you. You knew this was coming though. Now would be the time to talk to her, explain to her everything going on, get her opinion. But the words were caught in your throat. What if she thought it was just a lame excuse for being a flakey friend?

"Are you going to tell me what's going on?" It was as though she read your mind. She sounded calm, which always scared you considering you had no idea if she was actually angry or not, "You've been distant, and in your own world."

"I just have a lot on my mind right now," Your voice turned to a whisper, "I'm sorry."

Kiyoko let out a small exasperated sigh.

"Is something going on between you and Suga?" She finally said.

You fidgeted with your thumbs.

"We kissed," You answered shyly.

"Aren't you still with Oikawa?" The last time you spoke about your relationship with Oikawa, you told her you weren't sure how much longer it was going to last. She wasn't a fan as to how he treated you when it came to the other girls. She always said you could do better with someone who wanted to show you off.

"We're on a break," You finally said.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She sounded concerned.

"I didn't think I'd still be trying to figure out what I want," You explained, "He hasn't talked to me, and every time I kiss Suga, the answer becomes harder."

"Every ... time?" Kiyoko said slowly, "It's happened more than once?"

You nodded. She let out a sigh and shook her head.

"I think you need to see Oikawa, and see how you feel," Kiyoko said, "I don't exactly know how you feel about Suga, but you'll notice a difference."

"I know," You whispered, "I've been trying to, I just don't know what I'm scared of."

"You're comfortable with him. You don't want to lose that."

Maybe it was something you were trying not to admit, like you wanted to believe your feelings for Oikawa were still the same as it was from the moment you started dating. But coming face to face with Kiyoko's words, you knew there was some truth behind it.