04

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝓭𝓪𝓯𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓽𝔂 𝓫𝓸𝔂𝓼 // 𝓫𝓪𝓭 𝓼𝓾𝓷𝓼

You could hear the calls, the squeaking of sneakers against the gym floor, the bouncing of volleyballs hitting the ground. You could hear it, but you weren't paying attention to it. Which you should have been, and maybe the next ball that went flying wouldn't have clocked you right in the face, knocking you backwards.

"AH Y/n! Are you okay?" Hinata cried as he ran towards you, the rest of the boys following behind him.

"Okay back it up," Coach Ukai waved them back to give you space, "Are you okay, Y/n?"

You nodded, rubbing your forehead and letting out an exasperated sigh. If you shut your eyes hard enough, maybe when you opened them, it would just be a bad dream. But you opened your eyes only to see the entire boys volleyball team surrounding you, and you wanted to crawl into a hole and never come out.

"I can take her to the nurse," Suga spoke up, with Ukai nodding in agreement.

Suga reached out his hand to help you up, and you took it cautiously.

The situation couldn't have been more perfect and more embarrassing if you had asked. Because if Kiyoko was present today, Suga wouldn't have been the one to escort you to the nurse;  but unfortunately, you had a giant red circle on your forehead that Suga kept gawking at.

He kept stealing glances in your direction, and quickly looking ahead every time you tried to catch him staring. Eventually he let out a small chuckle.

You stopped in your tracks.

"What is so funny?" You probably sounded annoyed, but Suga started bursting out laughing.

"It's just I kept replaying you getting hit by the ball, and I feel like the bump is getting bigger."

You immediately bury your face in your palms and let out a low groan.

"Y/n, it's fine," He said, his hand resting on your shoulder, trying his best to contain his laughter, "Let's just get to the nurse to put some ice on it."

As you entered the nurse's office, there didn't seem to be anyone around to help you out.

"So what were you thinking about?" He asked, rifling through the freezer for an ice pack.

"Hm?" Your mind was all over the place. You still hadn't stopped thinking about your conversation with Oikawa yesterday, and now, you were alone with the only other person you found yourself interested in. It hadn't even been 24 hours and yet, under the unfortunate circumstances, fate placed you both in an empty room together.

"When you got hit in the face." His mouth twitched, trying to stop himself from laughing again.

You rolled your eyes and sighed.

"We're on a break, me and Tooru," You laid backwards onto the bed.

'Oh,' Suga mouthed.

"It's stupid, I know. I just don't know how I feel about any of it, to be honest." You weren't sure how much Suga wanted to hear, or how much you were willing to disclose about your relationship. 

Suga took a seat on the edge of the bed, handing you the ice pack.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked genuinely.

"He wants me to go with him to Argentina, and I don't know if I want to," You turned your head towards Suga. 

"Why not?" He asked.

"Well, I know what I want to do here, in Japan, and we have other problems in our relationship that I feel like is just going to follow us to Argentina." You slowly sat up, and took the ice pack off your forehead. You looked down at it, fidgeting around with the gel. 

"Then don't go."

"But that would mean," You paused for a moment, thinking about your next words, "We would no longer be together."

Suga rested his hand on the other side of the bed, so his arm straddled across your body.

"Is that such a bad thing?" His words flowed off his tongue so smoothly.

The way he stared at you made you catch your breath. He was closer than you realized. Your gaze followed as he brought his hand up towards your face. He brushed the loose strands of hair that delicately fell, slowly tucking them behind your ear.

You could feel your cheeks become flush. And it didn't help to see him smirk, as if he did this all on purpose to see how you would react.

He suddenly stood up, stretching his arms above his head.

"I'm going to head back to practice," Suga said, "You stay and rest. I'll be back to pick you up."

As he said the last few words, you saw him wink before disappearing out the door.

Your head fell back onto the pillow. What just happened? If you could scream, you would. The whole interaction felt unreal. Until now, you considered Suga a friend, the idea of anything more was like a delusion. You couldn't see him actually having any romantic feelings towards you ... could you? Especially now, when you were trying to fix you current relationship. 

You laid there, thinking what if he felt something for you. It would only complicate things even more. And you weren't entirely sure you would be able to reciprocate those feelings.

You shook your head. You were getting carried away, daydreaming about him and the what ifs. The small gesture was getting into your head, and only because you weren't in a good place with Oikawa.

You needed to focus more on your future with your boyfriend than anyone else.

But then why did you wish Suga stayed with you a little longer?