Moment Of Truth

Don't forget to vote and write your opinion in the comments ❤️

"So, you're saying you were kidnapped?"
"Practically, yes" said Derek with a tired voice and looked at Meredith to find out what was she thinking about but it was always impossible for him, for anyone. Even though he knew her perfectly, he never knew what she was thinking. She was different from everyone, and he always knew it and that was why he loved her so much. She was a tiny human with a big heart and a traumatic story of her life, but the way she dealt with it always amazed him.

He was looking at her patiently, still trying to figure her thoughts out. He was losing his mind, wanting to know how she felt about all of this. But he had to be patient. He was gone for five years, and not just gone... But dead. He was dead. And that's when reality hit him.

He was dead. She lived with grief and pain for five years thinking, knowing that pain would last forever. He was dead inside working for a president, mapping brains, while his wife and kids were kilometers away from him, thinking he was dead, and just thought of that made him go crazy but only now he realized how Meredith must've felt. How much that must've hurt and only for a moment he regretted coming back, messing up her life even more. But then he looked at her blue-green eyes, her perfect lips, little nose and he started regretting ever considering leaving her. He imagined her scrunching her nose, her lips forming a beautiful smile that always gave him butterflies in his stomach. He would give anything to touch that lips again, but if he wanted that to become reality he had to wait, and for how long, he didn't know, and neither did she.

"Mer" he whispered.
"Derek" She murmured as tears roll down her face.
He leaned to her, gently put his hand on her cheek, and wiped her tears while she put her hand on his, starting to cry hysterically.

He leaned closer and tried to comfort her, causing her to cry even more.

"I'm sorry" he mumbled as he buried his head in her hair, tears rolling down from his eyes as well.

For a fair amount of time, they sat like that in silence, only their little cries breaking it.

Then she pushed away, wiped tears from her eyes interlocking them with his.
"Will you ever be able to forgive me?" He asked.
"There's nothing to forgive. It's not like you had a choice. You did that to protect us. You did what you should've done. You did what I would've done." she said with a low tone, him bearly hearing her.
"But you may never heal from the scars it left you" there was so much pain in his voice, so much hurt, so much regret.

"But I may never heal from the scars it left me" she repeated his words. Her voice was full of pain. There were dozens of feelings she was feeling at that moment: hurt, misery, bewilder, scare, and no relief at all. Nothing. She was supposed to feel better after listening to him, knowing he didn't leave her for someone or something. He had to leave and he had to do that to protect his family. She understood that. She understood that perfectly. She understood that with every cell in her body but all she felt now was numb. There was no pain, either was a relief. There was just emptiness. Emptiness filled the room.

Derek broke the silence again.
"You know what happened to me but I don't know what happened here. I want to know how are you, and the kids. How's Amelia? "
"She's fine. We're all fine."
"I want more details" he smiled.
"I know" she said as her face lit up. And that's when she noticed how much effect he still had on her. He could make her smile like no one ever could. And that's when reality hit her. She had to tell him that she has a boyfriend, and she knew no easy way of doing that.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. This was the longest I've ever written and I'm still trying to improve on that.
This is my first story ever and English is not my first language so don't be too harsh❤️
Feel free to comment and don't forget to vote✨
Thank you for reading!🦋