When The Truth Comes Out

Don't forget to vote🦋
Hope y'all enjoy✨

Meredith was happy kids didn't get confused about the news. Actually, They got it better than her. But she knew what was going to come next: Telling the hospital that Derek was alive which included Andrew. She didn't know how he would react or what would that do to their relationship. She didn't know if she wanted to be with him anymore. She knew that she loved him and he made her feel happy after all the pain she went through, but she wasn't sure that she loved him enough to stay with him when Derek was here, alive.

Meredith walked downstairs and joined Maggie and Amelia in eating Donuts.
"What a healthy way to start a day" she joked "Where are the kids?"
"Derek took them to school" Meredith smiled. She hasn't heard something this comforting in a long time.
"Someone's in a good mood" Maggie said smiling "Why is that?"
"It's nothing" Meredith mumbled.
"Yeah, nothing but dead husband coming back alive" Amelia smiled at the thought of his brother being alive.

'Husband' Meredith thought. Only then she realized that they were still legally married. He is her husband and she's his wife. She is married. That was funny and depressing at the same time.

"Have you talked to Andrew?" Maggie's question made her come back to reality.

"Not really. He texted yesterday that he had to work all night and he's probably asleep right now. I don't know how to tell him." Meredith confessed.

"Don't worry, you'll find a way" Maggie comforted her by patting her shoulder.

"How are we going to tell the whole hospital?" Amelia asked with a concerned look on her face.
"We have to talk to Bailey first."
"Okay, we better get going or we're going to be late."

A few minutes later they were at the hospital, at the attending's lounge.
"I texted Derek, he'll be here in few minutes. Now I'm going to talk to Bailey... That's kinda scary" Meredith said.
"I'm going to come with you" Amelia answered and they both went to Bailey's office.
They were scared because they didn't know how she or the whole hospital would take the news but it couldn't have been worse than how they did, could it?

Meredith gently knocked on the door and opened it.
"Grey, Shepherd, come in. Sit down. It's good to see you two."
Meredith and Amelia exchanged concerned looks. It was not often when you could see Bailey in this good mood. They didn't know if they were about to ruin it or just the opposite.

"You two look like you just saw a ghost. Spill" Bailey added still smiling.
"Derek is alive" Amelia exclaimed.
Meredith looked at her sternly.
"Seriously?" she whispered to her with obvious anger on her face.
"Did you have a better idea?" Amelia whispered back.

Meanwhile, Bailey was laughing. Meredith and Amelia exchanged concerned looks once again and then they both stared at Bailey. Her laughter died down in few seconds.
"Are you serious?"
"Bailey, I know you don't get what we're saying but..." Meredith was cut off as the door opened and revealed Derek.
"Hey, Bailey" He said as his smile grew bigger.
"How is that possible?" Bailey burst into tears. She stood up and walked towards him. He did the same and a few seconds later they were hugging.

She pulled away and gave him a curiously concerned face.
"I know you have questions, and I'm about to answer all of them" he smirked.
"You better be" she smiled back, got back to her chair. 
Meredith and Amelia were watching them the whole time silently.
"We'll leave you alone now" Meredith said as they both stood up.

Only then did Bailey realize how must've Meredith and Amelia felt. 'I'll talk to them later' she thought and got back to talking to Derek, who by the surprise was sitting in front of him, alive and healthy.

Meredith and Amelia walked out of Bailey's office.
"This could've gone worse" Amelia sighed with relief.
"Are you being serious? You almost gave that woman a heart attack."
"Oh, come on, it was not that serious."
"You know, Nancy's right. You're crazy, sometimes" Meredith chuckled. Amelia rolled her eyes.
"Oh my god" Meredith whispered.
"What?"
"Your mother and sisters... They don't know... We have to tell them too... And then probably we'll have to deal with them being here hovering over all of us all the time" Meredith looked seriously offended by that.
"That. Is. Terrible." Amelia grimaced.
They both laughed.

"Hey, how did it go?" Maggie approached them.
"Fine. They're sitting in her office talking" Mer answered.
"That's good, right?"
"Yeah, that's good" Amelia accepted.

"Hey" Andrew smiled at the three of them as he came closer.
"Hey" they said awkwardly in unison.
"Andrew, can we talk?" Meredith tried to smile.
"Sure. Is everything alright?" he added as they both walked away.
"Yes. No... Kinda... It's hard to explain."
"Okay?" he asked trying to guess what was bothering her.
"Can we talk somewhere more private?"
"Okay" he answered and they both went into an empty on-call room.

They stood there in silence for minutes until Andrew finally broke it.
"Mer, you can talk to me about anything. You know that, right?"
"I know" she nodded.
"Then tell me, what is it?"
"There's no easy way of saying this, so I'll just tell you directly. Derek... He's alive." She stopped talking when she noticed his concerned look but continued immediately "And I know it's confusing, cause I was shocked when I saw him, but it's true. He is alive."
"But, how?" he didn't understand how that was possible.
"Remember when I told you that he was working for the president in DC and then he decided to come back?"
"Yes."
"Apparently, the president didn't want him to leave so he forced him to work for him or he'd kill us. They faked his death. He..." she couldn't hold her tears any longer. She sat on the bed and buried her face in her hands as she sobbed uncontrollably.
Andrew sat next to her, trying to comfort her.  He was worried about her but his mind was blown by what he just heard. Derek Shepherd is alive? Is this some kind of a joke? What does this mean for him and Meredith? He didn't know the answers to any of this question, but what he knew for sure was that it would bring a lot of struggle for him and Meredith, and he didn't know if they could survive this.

Suddenly, Andrew's pager went off.
"Not now" he tried to look annoyed but the truth was that he wanted to be alone right now, or at least, far away from her, far away from Meredith. And far away from Derek Shepherd.
"It's okay, go, I'll be fine" Meredith was happy he was leaving. She knew if he stayed he would ask what that meant for them, their relationship, but she didn't know the answer to that question.

Or maybe, deep down in her heart, she knew it. She just wasn't brave enough yet to admit it. She wasn't ready for that kind of commitment. But she knew the answer. She always did.

Thank you sm for reading 🦋
Hope you enjoyed ✨
I feel like my writing has gone to crap cause I have no ideas. I know what direction the book is going and how to end it but I have no idea what to write in between so if you have any ideas, please let me know ❤️