Perfect

Meredith was woken up by light knocks on her bedroom door. She had a late-night surgery so she was still sleepy and tried to go back to sleep completely ignoring the knock on the door. It took only a few seconds for the door to be opened by Ellis. She run towards her bed and snuggled next to her.
"Wake up mommy" Ellis whispered to her mother's ear.
"I'm awake sweetie" Meredith opened her eyes and kissed Ellis on the forehead.
"I love you mommy" Ellis whispered again and snuggled closer to her chest.
Meredith smiled and wrapped her arms around Ellis tighter.
"I love you too, baby" she closed her eyes and kissed her on the nose.

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty" Amelia entered the bedroom smiling "Ellie, why don't you go play with your brother and sister and my and your mommy talk? Zola and Bailey are downstairs with Scout and uncle Link."
"Okay, auntie Amelia" she jumped out of the bedroom and run downstairs. She loved Scout.

"Is everything alright?" Meredith asked concerned.
"No" Amelia sighed and sat down on the bed next to her "I was on the phone with my mother and I accidentally mentioned Derek. I'm sure she's pretty confused and I believe she's on a flight to here right now."

Meredith never thought about that before but they never told Shepherds that Derek was alive, or how were they supposed to? They were trying to get used to having him around all the time themselves and totally forgot about others.

"Does Derek know she's coming?"
"She? I have a feeling she's bringing all of my sisters with her. It's going to be like hell."
"It is but that's not the point. Have you told him?"
"I did and he's on his way here but how do we tell them? How do you tell someone that their son who died five years ago is alive?" she sighed on the memory of Meredith telling her he was alive waiting for them upstairs. It was not an easy thing to wrap your mind around.
"I don't know but we did this. They can too."
"Since when are you such an optimist?"
"I don't know, probably since dead people started coming back to life?"

They both laughed. The bond that had been formed between them in the last few years was so deep and strong. They were sisters and there was nothing in the world that could change that. They stood by each other's side in their darkest times, when no one understood how deep was the pain that they were going through. They had a pretty rough past they were trying to leave behind and even though they hated to admit it, they were more alike than they realized. They relied on each other.

"Mer, are you okay?" Amelia looked concerned for her.
"As much as possible" she sighed "He's back. He's really back and he's not going anywhere but you know what's the only thing I can think about?" her eyes started to water "What if he disappears again, what if I let him in and he's gone again. I... I can't go through that again... I won't be able to come back from that... I can't. But enough about me. How are you?"
"Same. It's weird that we can't just be happy about it, right? I mean, he was dead and now he's here. Anyone who ever lost anybody dreams about them coming back and our dream came true and we can't even be happy about it."

"I think we're too damaged and broken to let ourselves be happy. We think it will be taken away from us because pain is all we've known. I think we should let ourselves be happy about this."

"Does that mean you and Derek are getting back together?" Amelia asked not knowing what to expect as an answer. Meredith Grey was pretty unpredictable.

For a few seconds, Meredith went silent. Then a smile spread across her face and her eyes started sparkling like they do when she's genuinely happy.
"I think so" she smiled again. For the first time in a very long time, she felt like everything was slowly falling back to its place and it felt perfect. Just perfect.

Sorry guys for not updating in so long. This chapter is more of a filler but I'll update very soon I promise.
And let's see if we're finally going to get some Merder <33
Ly and thanks for reading and being patient <33
Hope you enjoyed!