=4=

"My cousin...Miguel. From Mexico."

~~~~

"I don't think he's just younger in body." Deaton said, as Lydia patched up his arm and Stiles, Scott and Melody stood opposite them. "I think he's younger in his mind, too."

"He didn't recognised either of us." Lydia said, adding more medical tape to Deaton's bandage. "And he looked like her was scared out of his mind."

"So if you're a teenage werewolf and you're scared, where do you go?" Stiles asked, trying to work out where Derek could be.

"Well, I'd go to you guys." Melody said, shrugging her shoulders. "Because you're my pack."

"And packs usually have a den. So he'd go to his den. But Derek lives in a loft."  Scott said, crossing his arms. 

"Not when he was a teenager." Stiles pointed out. 

"The Hale House?" Lydia asked, her eyebrows furrowed. 

"He wouldn't remember the fire. It wouldn't have happened yet." Deaton said in realisation. 

"Well, shit." Melody said with a sigh. As Scott, Stiles and Melody went to leave, so they could find Derek, Lydia stopped them.

"Hold on. Say you do manage to catch up to him, what are you going to say to him?" Lydia asked, raising her eyebrows. "That his whole family is dead?"

"I guess I'm going to have to." Scott said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Oh, good luck with that." Lydia said sarcastically.

"She's probably right. Maybe you shouldn't. You know, at least until we figure out how to get him back to normal." Stiles advised gently.

"I think he should, if my family was dead I'd want to know." Melody said, though she wasn't sure if what she said was entirely truthful. "Maybe you could soften the blow by saying that he has a pack though? Like, I could tell him that I was his Beta."

"I don't think that would help, Mel, considering you're the only one from his pack still around." Stiles said, placing his hand on the Beta's shoulder.

"Right." She mumbled, hanging her head. 

"No, Mel's right. I can't lie to him." Scott said, shaking his head in refusal.

"Okay, I'll do it." Stiles said, shrugging his shoulders. 

"I don't think any of us can. Remember, he can hear a heartbeat rising." Scott reminded, uncrossing his arms and shoving his hands into his pockets. "When we find him, we tell him the truth."

"If he gets to the house first, you won't have to." Deaton said gravely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stiles, Melody and Scott heard over the dispatch radio in Stiles' Jeep that they had Derek at the Sheriff's Station, so that's where the trio headed. They jumped out of the Jeep as soon as they arrived and ran straight into the Station, finding Sheriff Stilinski looking between a computer monitor and Derek confusedly. 

"I'll handle this." Sheriff said as soon as he saw his son and the McCall siblings. 

He glanced over at the trio and sighed, waving them over before walking into his office. Stiles, Scott and Melody followed him hurriedly, Melody offering Derek a small smile as she walked past him. The boy smiled back at her, his eyes following her as she walked away. Melody could feel him watching her, and felt a little weird knowing that he was actually, like, 23 or something.