=10=

"I feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of psychotic nutjobs."

~~~~

For some unknown reason, Melody and Liam were extremely awkward with each other as soon as Melody picked him up. He seemed very on edge, jumping at every little noise, wincing every time the moon came out of the clouds. Melody understood what he was going through of course, she sympathised with him completely, but still - he was definitely acting weirder than she had.

Music played quietly on the radio as Liam fidgeted around in his seat. There was an awkward silence between the pair, which only grew more and more strained as Liam acted weirder and weirder. Melody took her eyes off the road for a split second to glance over at Liam, seeing him sitting there with his jaw clenched and eyes narrowed.

"You okay?" She asked tentatively as they entered the country lane which drove up to Lydia's lake house. "You look like you're about to rip someone's head off."

"I'm fine." Liam told the girl beside him through gritted teeth. To him, this was a date and he didn't want to ruin it by telling Melody that his head felt like it was about to explode and that he had this unbridled anger welling up inside him. "Where is this party again?"

"It's Lydia Martin's lake house." Melody explained, offering the blue-eyed boy a comforting smile. "Well, uh, actually it's her grandmother's lake house. But she's dead so it's okay."

Melody paused, thinking over what she had just said as Liam stared at her with furrowed eyebrows, stretching out his jaw slightly as it began to ache, like his teeth were fighting to push out of their gums.  

"I mean, it's not okay that she's dead." Melody quickly clarified. "Unless she was in pain."

"Can you turn the music down?" Liam suddenly shouted, making Melody startle slightly. She glanced over at him in confusion, the music was barely audible.

"You want me to turn the music up?" She asked, assuming she had misheard him.

Melody carefully reached out and turned the dial, the music got slightly louder. Liam frowned as he realised that the music wasn't nearly as loud as he thought it was, and only grew more and more confused as time went by. Liam's phone buzzed in his pocket, startling him slightly and he quickly fished the phone out of the pocket of his denim jacket. He checked his notification, not really surprised to see it was a message from Mason. It was a simple message, only asking Liam where he and Melody were.

"Who'd you say was coming to this party?" Liam asked, attempting to strike up conversation with his 'date'. 

"Um.." Melody trailed off, racking her brain for a plausible answer. "Everyone." She finally answered. "Yeah, everyone."

The duo continued driving in silence for another couple of minutes, the only noise being the quiet music from the radio. Melody's mind drifted off, thinking about how this time last year it was her first full moon and she was helping Derek save Isaac from the Sheriff's Station whilst still learning control. Her phone buzzing in her pocket brought her out of her thoughts. It was two new messages from Scott. 

𝚂𝚌𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚎: [𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚍]