=6=

"What is he, like, a were-cheetah?"

~~~~

Out on the lacrosse field, things were getting intense. After many, many drills, Coach instructed the potential players to run laps, whilst he timed them. Liam and Melody were racing each other the entire time, tying for first place whilst Scott and Stiles lagged behind. As the two Freshman skidded to a halt in front of Coach, he stared at them in shock, looking down at his stopwatch.

"You two just ran two miles in ten minutes." Coach said, his eyes wide. "That's, like, one lap a minute. How are you not dead?"

Liam and Melody looked far from dead, sure their faces were slightly red, Liam's hair was sticking to his forehead a little, and the stray strands from Melody's ponytail were plastered to the side of her face, but the two teens looked even more energetic than before. Melody and Liam shared a breathless look, the two of them smiling as they shrugged their shoulders.

"Guess we're just fast." Liam said, running his hand through his sweaty hair.

"Faster than everyone else, that's for sure." Coach said, raising his eyebrows. "You tied for first place. Now, go do, I don't know, press-ups."

"How many, Coach?" Melody asked, pulling off Scott's hoodie and tying it around her waist. 

"Until you've passed out." Coach instructed. "Or, just do them until everyone else finished their laps."

Liam and Melody both nodded at their coach and walked over to an empty part of the field, out of the way of the runners. They smiled tiredly at each other before crouching down onto the ground and getting into the press-up position, facing each other. Taking a deep breath, Melody started doing the press-ups first, and Liam quickly followed suit, determined to do more than her. Melody noticed this and shook her head playfully, before continuing her press-ups. For some reason, everything to do with the tryouts were becoming a competition between them, friendly of course, but Melody couldn't help but notice it.

"How are you still going?" Liam asked breathlessly, snapping Melody out of her thoughts. 

"How are you still going?" Melody retorted, stopping for a second to brush a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'm still going because you're still going. I'm not stopping first." Liam said, stopping to quickly roll up the sleeves of his top. 

"I'm not stopping first either." Melody said, her voice coming out quicker as she was quite out of breath - of course, she wasn't really out of breath, her supernatural stamina meant that she was only slightly out-of-breath, but she faked it so Liam didn't suspect anything. 

"Well then, we're probably going to be doing this until we pass out." Liam said, his voice also coming out breathlessly. 

"Looks like it." Melody agreed, chuckling lightly. 

After another five minutes of silent press-ups, Liam was about ready to die, whilst Melody's supernatural stamina was starting to wear off. The two teens were red-faced and breathing heavily, but every now and then they would send each other encouraging smiles to keep each other going. Eventually, Melody decided to give up first, letting Liam keep his ego and 'masculinity'. She dropped onto her stomach, gasping for air. 

"You alright?" Liam asked, pausing for a second.

"I think I'm about to die." She said, lifting her head off of the ground. Liam chuckled, shaking his head playfully as he continued his press-ups. "How are you still going?"

"I don't know, something about doing more than you is keeping me going." Liam said jokingly. Melody scoffed playfully, swatting out at him but ultimately missing.