=14=

"In this town, you have to stick to your morals"

~~~~

In the boys changing rooms, Melody was freaking out trying to figure out what to do with Brett. She sat him down by the sinks and helped him out of his lacrosse jersey, chucking it across the room as she riffled through the first aid kit to try and find something for Brett's unusual wound. It was strange, with yellowish green foam surrounding it and it wasn't healing. She tried to clean the cut, wiping away the foam but it kept coming back. 

"McCall." Brett called out, trying to get the girl's attention.

"Shut up, I don't know how to do stitches properly and I need to focus." Melody said, trying to thread some medical thread onto a needle from the first aid kit.

"Melody, watch out!" Brett suddenly shouted and before Melody could respond a hand was wrapped around neck pulling her back onto her feet. 

Melody began to claw at the hand around her neck, straining to look up at the person who was strangling her. Her eyes widened when she saw Violet, smirking as she strangled her. The young werewolf kept pulling at Violet's hand, continually moving backwards and further away from Brett, who was crawling across the ground, trying to get to them as Violet dragged her. Melody coughed and spluttered, gasping for air as Violet gripped her throat tighter.

"Stop." Brett choked out, reaching out towards Melody and Violet as he saw Melody go limp, only being held up by the hand around her neck. "Let her go, stop."

"Let her go?" Violet questioned, tilting Melody's head up to see her eyes closed and face going red. "Fine, for now."

Violet let go of Melody and the werewolf toppled to the ground, gasping for air but still unconscious. Violet kicked Melody away from her feet, shoving her into the lockers as Brett continued to advance forwards. The blonde werewolf looked over at Melody, relieved to see her still breathing.

"What did you do to me?" Brett asked, his voice strained from pain.

"You were cut with a poisoned blade." Violet revealed, standing intimidatingly over Brett as she pulled out a thermo-cut wire. "It was laced with wolfsbane. It won't kill you. But this will."

The thermo-cut wire lit up from the heat and Brett tried with all his might to turn around and crawl away from Violet again, retreating back towards the sinks, looking for any sort of weapon that he could defend himself with. Violet followed after im, walking slowly as if to humour Brett. 

"Why? Why are you doing this?" Brett asked as he dragged himself across the floor.

"Because you're worth a lot of money, Brett." Violet said, chuckling evilly.

She whipped her thermo-cut wire around, preparing to garrote Brett as they finally reached the sink. But just before she could, she was hit forcefully over the head with a lacrosse stick. Unbeknownst to Violet, Melody had regained consciousness quickly, due to her speed-healing  and had grabbed her lacrosse stick from the floor, which she had brought from the field.

Violet stumbled backwards, clutching the spot where Melody had hit her when Melody jumped on her back, yelling out in a war-cry style. Violet continued to stumble backwards, until she fell over, taking Melody down with her. Melody, with her quick reflexes flipped herself on top of Violet, straddling her and holding her down, her claws digging into one of Violet's shoulders as he other arm dug into Violet's throat. Violet struggled underneath Melody's hold but, with the hand that held the thermo-cut wire, she flicked the wire around Melody's neck and tightened it.

Melody panicked, feeling the hot metal encircle her neck and begin choking her. Scrambling backwards away from Violet, Melody yanked the thermo-cut wire off of her throat and chucked it on the ground. Melody shuffled back as Violet stood up, the latter ignoring the dripping blood from her shoulder and the bruise on her throat as she picked up the wire from the floor. Violet kicked out at Melody, striking her face and knocking the girl onto the floor properly, her back to Violet and beside Brett.