=5=

"Damn, that was kinda hot." 

~~~~

With everything back to normal, well apart from the fact that the Hales got robbed and Kate was still out there, Melody took a breather. She spent the day alone, claiming to be sick so her mother and father would let her out of school. Of course, Melissa knew that Melody wasn't sick, but she understood why he needed a break, and Rafael seemed to believe Melody's fake sickness. During that day, she thought about ways that could she could at least try  and get her life back to some semblance of normal. 

That's when she remembered the new kid Liam suggesting that she join the lacrosse team.

The more she thought about it, the more appealing the thought became, so the next day - she got dressed into some workout clothes, instead of some normal clothes (of course she still put them in her gym bag. She was running a bit late, so she told Scott to go ahead without her, and when she was ready, she went down to the garage. In the garage was another motorbike, but instead of it being green like Scott's, it was purple.

Luckily, in California, fifteen year olds could have a learner's permit for a motorcycle, so if anyone ever questioned her - she said Scott was teaching her and anytime she got pulled over, Sheriff Stilinski got her out of trouble

Luckily, in California, fifteen year olds could have a learner's permit for a motorcycle, so if anyone ever questioned her - she said Scott was teaching her and anytime she got pulled over, Sheriff Stilinski got her out of trouble. So, after saying goodbye to her father (her mother was already at work), she hopped on her bike and took off to the school, motorcycle helmet on her head. 

She pulled up at the school five minutes later, parking beside her brother's bike and took her helmet off. She spotted two familiar figures approaching, one adorned in workout clothes similar to Melody's own, the other dressed normally. Liam and Mason.

"You have a motorbike?" Liam asked, his eyes wide. Melody smiled and nodded, getting off her bike and holding her helmet under her arm. 

"Had it since my fifteenth about two, three months ago." She said, grabbing her gym bag off of where she had strapped it down behind her. 

"Interesting outfit choice, Mel." Mason noted, looking her up and down. She was wearing a pair of black sports leggings, a cropped t-shirt that hung just above the waistband of her trousers and a oversized black hoodie. "What's the occasion? Going to the gym?"

"Nope." Melody said, popping the 'p'. "I'm trying out for the lacrosse team today."

"You are?" Liam exclaimed excitedly. "Awesome!"

"Yeah, I'm really excited." Melody said with as much enthusiasm as Liam. "What time does the practice start this morning?"

"Uh..." Mason checked the watch on his wrist. "Ten minutes."

"Okay, cool. Let me put this in my locker and then we can head out to the field. You coming to watch Mase?" Melody asked as she and the two boys started walking towards the school's entrance.

"Yeah, definitely." Mason said, stepping in between Melody and Liam, slinging his arms around both of their shoulders. Liam and Melody both smiled and the trio walked over to Melody's locker, falling easily into conversation as if the three of them had been lifelong friends.