=15=

"You don't have to be strong all the time."

~~~~

Mason had no idea where Melody and Liam disappeared off too. Genuinely, he couldn't think of a single place where they could've gone. He figured, more hoped, that they had gone home and made the decision to wait until school tomorrow, hoping that they would appear then. But when Scott arrived to school, alone, without Melody and he couldn't find Liam anywhere, he began to panic.  Taking a deep breath, he made the resolution to wait again, hoping that they would turn up by lunch and were just sick or something, since he didn't have any lessons with either of them in the morning on Wednesday, he couldn't work out if they had arrived. But lunch approached and they hadn't shown up.

"Scott!" Mason called, spotting Melody's older brother walking down the corridor alone. Scott halted in his step and turned to face Mason as he ran over with a smile. "Scott, have you seen Melody or Liam?"

"I was about to ask you the same thing." Scott said, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Melody didn't come home last night?" Mason questioned, the panic that had been settling in his stomach intensifying tenfold.

"No, she told our mom that she was staying the night at yours." Scott said, also beginning to panic a little.

"She was supposed too but when we went on the run yesterday Liam ran off and Melody chased after him and they never came back. I thought they must've gone home and forgot to tell me." Mason said, shrugging his shoulders. "Where are they?"

"I don't know." Scott admitted, shuffling on his feet. "Okay, let's not panic. Maybe Mel spent the night at Liam's instead and they overslept. What lesson did they have this morning?"

"Um, Economics with Coach." Mason said, pointing at the classroom which Melody and Liam would've been in. "Coach is in his office, I think."

"Alright, let's go." Scott said, walking off in the direction of Coach's office and gesturing for Mason to follow, which he did. Mason and Scott hurried to Coach's office, where Coach was sat downing a bottle of what looked like cough syrup or something.

"Hey, Coach?" Scott called out, knocking on the door. Coach merely nodded, looking down at the bottle in his hands. "Did Liam or Melody come to Econ today?"

Coach took another long swig from his bottle, coughing slightly as he swallowed. "Sorry, guys, Melody and Liam both skipped my class. Maybe they're sick. Like me."

"Neither Liam nor Melody looked sick on our run." Mason said, looking at Scott worriedly.

"Neither of them are getting back to my texts." Scott said, pulling his phone out and seeing the messages he had sent to both his sister and Liam were still marked unread. 

"Mine either." Mason said, throwing his hands up in frustration. The school bell rung and Mason walked down the corridor a little before stopping and turning to face Scott again.

"Yeah, don't worry. I'll find them." Scott said reassuringly, and he really hoped what he was saying was true. "But text me if you see either of them."

"Alright." Mason said with a sigh before heading to his lesson.

 Scott let out a deep breath he hadn't even realised he'd been holding and began to walk towards the exit of school, thinking his missing sister and Beta were more important. Before Scott could even take one step though, his phone rang. He looked down at the caller, his breath catching in his throat as he read the name one of the ones he wanted so desperately wanted to hear from. Liam. He quickly answered the call, bringing the phone up to his ear eagerly.