THREE

Aaron...

Beep- beep- beep- bee-

It's gotten annoying to the point where I'm considering taking Charles' pillow away.

I've been here longer than I thought, than he thought too.

"Dont you have a family to feed?" Charles' groggy voice asked.

He looked like shit.

"They'll be fine by themselves. Your the one that's cut in half." I gestured to his bandages.

"Yeah..." he looked away, "are you sure you dont want to go back?"

I didn't answer. I didn't know how.

"Becuase it's starting to get a little weird. You can go back, I'm not going to die." He snapped his eyes back to me, I could see, even from my low hanging head. "Or is something keeping you here?"

"Its what you said. What I did."

"...Oh..."

He sank back down into the bed, letting his golden hair ruff about.

"I'm gonna sound like Tori, but, do you want to talk about it?"

I laughed a little, noticing the similarity. I thought for a moment, how good a father Charles would be.

"I'm starting to forget what I did. Not sure if I want to remember." I said honestly, "If I come to the truth, then everything changes, doesn't it?"

"Not necessarily."

"My brothers would look at me differently. I don't want that." I huffed.

"What about Victoria?"

"She..." I thought back to the conclusion we had a while back, to when she told me she ships us. "She's okay with it."

"Well, two down, seven to go." Charles exlaimed.

"Two?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be okay with it?"

I viewed him, otherworldly. It wasn't something I had control over, it just happened. I just noticed his eyes. The way they swirl during the day, while under the sun. Same color, different tone.

I just eyes his golden curls - shining.

I eyed him. I noticed him.

In a lot of ways, Charles and I are the same, I think, leaning back into the chair. Charles and I are from different world, yet here we are.

He's good, I'm bad.

He works for good, I work for bad.

Now, were here, pulling some strings and moving in a different direction.

I've wanted someone like him. I wanted to be him, for the longest time.

"Charles?" I asked, and he hummed. "What do you think of me?"

He stilled.

I expect that reaction, the sudden feeling, but I thought it would have been different. I hoped.

"You work hard to get what you want and to care for your family. You're the closest to a good brother as a normal person can get. You do well to fo-"

"Not, professionally." I stopped him.

"Ah, so that's what you want to know. I don't think this is the right time, Aaron." He said.

"I don't want to drag this out any longer."