TEN

Victoria...

I had a day at the beach. Even thought I'd hadn't gone, I liked it. Summer was treating me well so far.

I logged into netflix. I started watching Criminal Minds and a documentary on nine eleven. I guess Charles has grown on me. I will say though, the psychological is very interesting. One who studies the human mind, could know a person before ever talking to them. It's cool!

Too bad Charles isn't them...

I heard a knock on my door, and well, you know the drill. Liam came into sight.

"Hey, you need anything?" I asked.

"No, I was just checking on you. Aaron and Charles just left for work. God that sounded so weird." He mumbled that last part.

I laughed, "get used to it."

"Anyways, I just wanted to make sure you were good. And you are, so I'll leave-"

"Hey, wait." I called and he turned back.

I signaled him over, as I am too lazy to get up from my bed. His brows crossed and I examined him. I rolled up his sleeve, a little, and then a lot.

"Liam..." I muttered.

I looked up at him, and in his eyes, was disappointment. That, and fear.

...

Liam closed the door and sighed, then shivered lightly. I knew what this was to him. I knew what this was going to do to him. Yet it isn't quite the same as being him.

I patted a seat on my bed and he sat.

"Can I explain?" He asked. I nodded.

"I know it doesn't make sense. I'm a boy who lives with protective brothers and a twin, how could they not know or see?

"I'm good at hiding, I've been doing it all my life. When my brothers and I go on-"

He paused. His face tightened, and I assumed he was about to say something he shouldn't have. He went on.

"It was after Elizabeth when I started. After she left, that's when I started to cut."

"Wait, she left?" I whispered, "I thought she died."

"Well, Elizabeth went missing. We tried to find her on our own, but we couldn't. Then we went to the police. They couldn't find her either. After a while, they all gave up hope. They stopped trying to find her. ...  And then two months later, a body was found."

"Was it her?"

"We dont know. It was a body, and it had the exact same big birth mark Elizabeth had on her leg. Aaron and Ethan decided that we should bury the body. They thought it was her. And we still do, all of us. Who else would it be?

"After she was gone, our family got hired for a job. It was over in Europe. We didn't even get time to grieve. And all of us were under so much stress, I was under so much stress, that I came to find my stress reliever. I started to cut.

"I didn't stop." His voice started to crack, "I told myself that I would stop but I didn't."

He turned and rocked as he cried quietly. He shivered and sniffled, and rocked back and forth. I was on edge, and seeing him like that brung out my own tears and shivers.

But he went on.

"I think - I tell myself, that when I do this, I'm taking away Elizabeth's pain. She had it so bad... I just want to take her pain away. Just a little." He cried more.