THIRTEEN

(Go listen to Unwitten, by Natasha Bedingfeild.)

Third person...

The man in the truck jumped out. He walked slowly to the car, and looked to the men.

One of them (Aaron) groaned and tried to move. He stopped at the first feel of pain. Everyone else had their eyes closed.

The man walked around the car, but finally stopped to look at Aaron. Aaron groaned and breathed heavily. He looked at the man with wild eyes.

That quickly changed.

"Micky?"

"Hey, Lion." The man said, "Dont take this personally. I'm here for the girl."

"You get away from her! Dont do this!" Aaron tried to move his legs, but failed. He focused on his arms.

"Elizabeth wants this." He said.

Then a loud boom went off, and a splatter of blood dripped on Aaron. He had found a loaded gun in the glove compartment. He let out a deep breath and rested for a couple seconds.

With the moonlight, he saw his phone shine somewhere deep in the seat. He stretched his arms for minutes, and finally got it.

He dialed 911.

With his hands, for about five mintues, he tried to pull himself out of the car. He was successful, and managed to stumble around. He went to Jacob in the driver's seat, who was stirring now. He sighed, knowing at least they were alive.

He moved to the back, looking for signs that his brothers were alive. He could see their eyes move and bodies twitch.

He noticed Charles. He was starting to open his eyes.

Aaron rushed over, all around the car, trying to look for Victoria. He found her, in the middle of Ethan, Noah, David and Logan's arms. She was protected. She was alive.

As the sirens grew louder, Aaron fell to the ground and sat there, breathing heavily.

The ambulances came soon enough. It was only a matter of time before they pulled everyone out.

"Hey!" Aaron called out to an M.E. "Hey! Are they okay? Are they still breathing?"

Aaron knew he checked on them. But something about getting confirmation from them, professionals, made him feel secure.

They were all too focused on trying to help them.

Aaron prayed.

...

Charles woke up with a very loud pound on his head. He groaned and looked around.

He looked down to his arms and saw the iv stuck.

He tried to move again, but let out a louder hiss this time. A nurse came into the room.

"Sir, sir, I need you to lay down." She tried, but Charles kept trying to talk. "Please!"

"Where's Victoria? Aaron? The Cruz... are they okay?"

"If you mean the people in the car, yes... They are fine... Now please lay back down."

With a nod to the wall, Charles carefully laid down. The nurse sighed and left. She was pretty young, and after she left, Charles felt bad for acting out. She probably hadn't had any experience with irrational patients yet.

He sighed deeply and tried not to move.

Great! It's the third time I've been in the hospital! Damn my life...