NINE

Victoria...

"She was pretty, that was for sure, and older. She was so mature too. She spoke like a librarian."

"Really?"

I nodded. Logan leaned back in the chair and closed his eyes.

"It was such a weird dream. She looked so much like me too."

Logan hummed.

"Hey, I havent seen you guys all week. Want to fill me in?"

Logan chuckled.

"Liams computer crashed and was acting weird, so we went to go fix it. We had to visit a bunch of places becuase people couldn't fix it. It was weird."

"What about Jacob? And Ethan?"

"Jacob is going to therapy. Ethan, he's looking for a job. A nurse, hell, he'll even take a gym instructor." He laughed.

...

The days have been long. I woke up with pain and nausea. Ethan told me to stay resting all day, and the next day too, so it's been boring. I thought my summer would have been more interesting.

"What?"

Or, maybe it can still be saved.

I peeked out my door to hear better. It was Charles.

"What do you mean it's not our problem anymore? He is still a threat." ... "Then I need to tell them what I have, this could be important-".... "yes sir. It wont happen again sir."

It stopped. I wonder who he was talking with.

...

There was a knock on my door, and then it opened. It was Aurora!

"Hey bud." She smiled, and then it slowly faded. "I brought you some things"

She handed me a bag filled with pads and sweet snacks.

"Does anyone know your here?" I asked.

"Do you want the snacks?" She grinned.

I shook my head and gave her a smile as she left the room and house altogether. She's a cool person, like a spy. She wore a lot of leather.

I've been rather lonely lately. This house feels so empty at times, and I feel like I'm back with Dan. But someone always shows up before I do something stupid.

Aaron spends his time with Charles or by himself, and Charles is too sick to spend time with me. The rest of the boys are doing their own thing. So I feel lonely.

And every night, I keep having the same snippets of dream. A girl with almost white hair, smiling as she sits in a park. And I almost become her, I feel.

But it's just a dream. A silly dream.

Charles...

"So?" Aaron asked, "who was that?"

"My boss. The director, Cruz." I said.

"What'd he say to make you that angry?"

"I'm not angry. I'm upset..." I sighed and sat, "we lost jurisdiction. Victor Russo is now in the CIA's hands."

"Wait, really?"

I nodded. "He left on a plane, a normal one, with randome people. He's still a threat, but I can't do anything about that now."

"Not even share information?"

I scoffed, "our little brainstorm wasn't evidence. It's a theory, my boss wouldn't let me say anything else."

Aaron sighed and sat down next to me. He fumbled with one hand, played with it like a child.

He turned to me and pressed his lips together.

"I know this is probably the worst time to ask, but... do you want to do something today? Go out?"

I chuckled, "go out? Where? What about Tori?"

"We'll take her. She wants to get out of this house too."

I closed my eyes and pretended to think. Then I actually thought about it. It wasn't like me to just take a day off in the middle of a case, much less when it's been taken away.

I looked again at Aaron, his blue eyes not quite like mine. Darker, and stronger than mine. We were puzzle pieces.

"Okay." I said and he grinned, "alright. Let's go ask Tori where she wants to go."

Aaron got up and left. And about ten seconds after he did, I got a phone call.

"Hello?"

"Hello, business man."

...

"Who are you?"

"Ah, you dont remember? It's me, your old buddy Dominic!"

My breath got caught for a moment, and then I gulped.

"You - what the hell?! How did you get my number?"

"I got it from my boss. He knows your boss... I'll get to the point. I'm with the CIA."

"You little... why didn't you help me when I was being beaten to death?"

"I was told not to!" He squeaked, "I was to leave you alone and play my part. And I did help you. I helped carry you out, with some other dude."

I closed my eyes tightly. Aaron.

"Alright, why did ya call?"

"I called as a friendly reminder to stand down. Dont try and take this into your own hands. The CIA has got this." He clicked his tongue.

"I'm not. And I wont, you have my word. Until we meet again, Dom. Ah, agent..."

"Agent Zela."

"Until then, Dominic Zela."

I hung up.

Destiny hasn't been on my side these days.

Aaron came into view from the frame, so did Tori. She had shorts on and was holding a backpack that had towels sticking out.

At least I had them on my side.

Please Vote

(Sorry it's short again!)