TWELVE

Third person...

Liam paid the driver and closed the door. It left with a squeak on the road, and Liam looked back one last time. He went into the building, which stood high and powerful in comparison to himself. He felt unwelcomed.

He assumed normality and went on. To the elevator, where it didn't play music like they used to. His therapist was waiting. Jacob would be done anytime soon as well. It was going to be awkward.

The elevator stopped and he met with Jacob by the door. He looked more than surprised to see him.

"Liam?" He said, "what are you doing here?"

"I... For the same reason you are. Charles forced me." He lied.

"Tell me why I don't believe that."

"Look, she's probably waiting for me. I gotta go."

Liam pushed passed him and left Jacob standing. He watched as his little brother walked angry and anxiously to his first session.

Liam said hello and the lady said hi. She sat him down and then sat herself.

"Is this your first time? Coming to therapy?" She asked.

"Yes." Liam pressed his lips nervously and then asked, "did you know that Jacob was my brother?"

"I dont look into things like that. In fact, I could care less who you are related to. This time is all about you."

Liam nodded and stared at his shoes for quiet some time.

Dr. Nancy Pavet, therapist to the strange Cruz family, assumed they were alike and kept her notepad under her seat.

Liam looked around the room that held mostly white and brown. Her desk next to them was clean and organized. Right in between that space, was a white rug, that was made with something Liam could only describe as luscious hair.

The walls were white, except for the design that had wood go across the whole room. Next to them, a big window, that led them to the sky. Liam could see the clouds so perfectly, and be so close that he felt them seep through the glass.

"Tell me, Liam, why are you here?"

"I came. I was forced."

"You are an adult, you can't exactly be forced to do anything now, though. Right? You could have easily walked out on this. I think you came because you needed to. Because you felt that you owed it to yourself."

"You can tell me what I cant figure out, just by looking and listening to the few word I say."

"Its my job."

"I have a feeling it's more than that."

"Your right. It's a lifestyle, sometimes. But this is about you. We cant keep changing the subject."

Liam held his hands and leaned back. Dr. Pavet did too.

"Tell me about your fears, Liam."

He crossed his brows but shook his confusion away. He was engaged now, no matter how strange the questions.

"I used to have a fear of the dark. When I was little, I needed to have a night light, always. I couldn't sleep without it."

"What about now?"

"Now? I think my computer screen is my nightlight. It's hard for me to sleep soemtimes."

"Does something keep you up?"

"My family." Liam swirled his young in his cheek, "... I can't help but think of everything that's going on. We were suppost to be in New York for a short while, but now my eldest brother wants to stay."