FIVE

Jacob...

"Can I be honest with you?" I asked.

The lady nodded and said, "this is your hour. We will talk about whatever you want to talk about."

"I don't want to be here." Her eyes widened with a fake surprise, "a... a friend pushed me into coming here."

She nodded.

"Why do you think your friend tried to push you?"

I laid back in the chair, resting my arms on either side.

"He says that I should work out everything that's going on with me. I should talk to someone."

"And how does that make you feel?"

Her big dark lips moved with grace, and a calming wave. I didn't know if this was how every therapist was, but.... oh whatever.

"Like he sees sees something other than myself." I answered honestly. I should, I'm already here anyways.

The lady nodded.

"Tell me about yourself, Jacob." She asked, but it felt more like an order.

I knew she had a degree, but I could care less that she knew what she was doing. It didn't feel natural to me.

"I'm a boring old mexican man, who grew up with way too many brothers." I chuckled, "my parents weren't around too much they... they had work."

"Did you not like that they worked this much?" She asked.

I thought about it for a moment.

Our parents were a little strange. We didn't have a normal relationship. None of us did. They were more teachers than guardians. They put us through hell just to make a point, when all it would have taken was a simple slap to the face.

Yet, I still can't seem to take back the love I gave them.

"No... no, I guess I didn't."

"Why not?"

"Becuase they were working all the time! My brother practically had to raise us on his own!" She frowned at my raised voice. "I didn't like their job. None of us did."

"Why didn't you like their job?"

"It... I-we..."

I couldn't tell her.

I couldn't tell her what our job was, or else it would leave the room. I couldn't tell her that I grew a liking to this job over time. I couldn't tell her that I got attached to what the job gave me. To what I gained from it. Killing.

I'm sure Aaron would be disappointed.

"I don't know." I finally said.

"Mmm."

She looked down and below her seat. Her braided hair fell down her shoulders and clung to her like their life depended on it.

She picked up a board with a paper on it.

"Are you going to take notes?" I asked.

"Not if you don't want me to." She said calmly. It was contagious.

"I would rather you didn't."

She smiled and placed it back under the chair. Then her bright hazel eyes were back on mine, and I felt ready to go on with this thing.

To make it natural.

Charles...

I looked over to Tori, who was making a face at the door. She was sitting at the couch, just glaring at it.