Chapter 6: Through Mud and Blood - Act 3

I do not own anything relating to RWBY and Battlefield 1. RWBY is belonged to Rooster Teeth and Battlefield 1 is belonged to DICE and EA. All names mentioned in this fanfic belong to their respective owners.

The ideas in this fanfic belongs to me.

All criticisms are welcomed, especially the ones that are constructive.

(After some months of learning his way and watching the show and playing the game, I hope that I won't disappoint.)

"Headmaster Ozpin... Professor Glynda... we... we are extremely sorry for causing so much trouble...", Ruby sobbed, tears about to roll down her cheeks.

To say that team RWBY felt horrible for the damage they caused that night would be a massive understatement. Being the team's leader, Ruby felt it was her duty to take the blame for her team's action. After all, it was her incompetence and bad decision making that caused innocent people to lose their lives that night.

"It is okay, Ms. Rose. Let bygones be bygones, okay? We cannot change what already happened, what we can do though is to use this incident as a lesson to better ourselves.", Ozpin smiled.

Ruby and her teammates nodded at his words. Before they go, Blake spoke up. "Headmaster, may I request that we have access to the names of the victims?"

Ozpin looked at the cat faunus with a sad smile on his face. He already knew what she was planning to do. "Of course, Ms. Belladonna. But why do you want to know their names?"

"I...", she started, but then her eyes darted towards her teammates, their faces had that sad smile of understanding. "I mean, we would like to pay a visit to each of them. After all, we are the ones responsible for their current state."

Ozpin didn't say anything for he already expected this answer, so he only nodded and gestured for them to dismiss.

The next hour was spent in relative silence. After Eli dropped the bomb that was the total property damage and casualties that team RWBY unintentional caused when they pursued the stolen Paladin, nobody, even Nora, really had the mood to strike up a conversation. So all they did were grab some drinks, snacks, go for the restroom or just stay chilling at their respective seats.

"Everyone here? Good, shall we continue with the adventure of Big Bess and her crew?", Eli asked and was pleased to receive nods of confirmation from the people of Remnant. Bringing up his holographic console, he hit the play button, which caused the screen to light up once again.

The scene began with the Big and mighty Bess rolling down a dirt path in the middle of the night when suddenly the tank started to stall then come to a stop, its engine shutdown entirely.

"Oh come on, another breakdown?", Nora sighed loudly.

"Can't really blame them.", Qrow shrugged while taking a sip from his flask. "They did say that the Mark V is not reliable at the beginning."

Inside the tank, Jaune lost his balance and fell down because of the sudden stop. Yang immediately left the driver seat and went to check on the engine.

"Jesus, Bess. Give us a break, give us a break.", Nora dejectedly groaned.

Nearly everyone's heart broke at the sight of onscreen Nora, despite being a douche most of the time, on the verge of breaking.

"Poor you...", Pyrrha muttered sadly. Next to her, Nora just sighed dejectedly with Ren looking at her worriedly.

"That's what war does to you.", Ironwood said solemnly, his eyes and facial expression showed sympathy for the tanker in question.