Chapter 10: Friends In High Places - Act 3

I do not own anything relating to RWBY and Battlefield 1. RWBY belongs to Rooster Teeth and Battlefield 1 belongs to DICE and EA. All names mentioned in this fanfic belong to their respective owners.

The ideas in this fanfic belong to me.

All criticisms are welcomed, especially the ones that are constructive.

...

Concern and worry were the only two things the audience was feeling when it was clear that the fighter had been shot down. The fact that silence continued for a few more seconds as well as the screen was still dark was enough to make the group feared for the worst.

"...So that's how it ends, huh?" Sun said, followed with a heavy sigh. The rest of his team also looked dejected.

"At least they went out with a bang" Yang commented with a sad sigh. Everyone immediately turned and stared at her with incredulous eyes, and the blonde knew what was going on inside their heads. "No, that's not a pun, I'm serious."

However, among them there were two individuals who would like to disagree with the others about the implication that the flyboys had been killed in the crash.

'These people really are stupid, huh.' Neo tapped in her scroll and showed it to her partner. In return, Torchwick chuckled and patted Neo's head. "Haha. Trueeeeeee."

Sitting in a few seats from them, Qrow overheard the crook and asked the guy out of curiosity. "Something funny?"

The person in question looked at the drunkard of a Huntsman and was surprised to see the rest of the audience was also looking at him, waiting for the answer. He considered not saying anything but then remembered that they literally could not do anything to him. With that in mind, the self-proclaimed criminal mastermind smiled smugly and opened his mouth.

"Oh it's nothing. I and my cute assistance over here were just chatting about how much of a dunderhead you people really are~"

Obviously, that comment enraged the majority of Remnant's natives except Ozpin and of course Eli as they openly glared at the man with orange hair and a white trench coat. If looks could kill, the man in question as well as his associate would have been a few hundred feet under already. In particular, General Ironwood wanted nothing more than having Torchwick and Neo punished severely for their crimes.

But then again, Torchwick and Neo knew that there was nothing these people could do to harm the duo.

General Ironwood began to feel frustrated as the two most wanted individuals were finally within arm's reach right in front of him yet he could not cuff their hands and throw them in jail where they deserved to be. At least he could still throw some empty threats and insults and if doing so could alleviate his frustration then so be it.

"You claim that you're smart but that's just it. You claim yet you haven't shown any evidence regarding how intelligent you are. If you have one, of course." Ironwood sneered with a mocking smirk. He also emphasized on the word 'claim' to drive his point home.

Torchwick shot back in return with a tone that suggested he was getting bored. "If those two have died right there then who has been narrating the story so far? A ghost?"

That actually made the rest of the audience pause and thought about it seriously. They then realized that the crook actually had a point and that they all jumped to the conclusions too soon. Thinking back, they realized that previously in the 'Through Mud and Blood' arc, they also thought that the tank crew were killed when the commander, Townsend was his name, decided to call an artillery barrage on their position to take out the German forces as well as his crew.