Chapter 7: Through Mud and Blood - Final act

I do not own anything relating to RWBY and Battlefield 1. RWBY is belonged to Rooster Teeth and Battlefield 1 is belonged to DICE and EA. All names mentioned in this fanfic belong to their respective owners.

The ideas in this fanfic belongs to me.

All criticisms are welcomed, especially the ones that are constructive.

"I lost my way back there.", Nora said with a small grin.

"SHE/I CAME BACK!", a combination of shrieks courtesy of Ruby and Nora was enough to pierce the eardrums of anyone nearby had they not had aura.

"Ow...", Jaune and many others groaned as they massaged their ears, though none of them was as bad as Blake. Poor kitty was temporarily deaf and gaping like a fish while making weird noises.

"If only the Grimms could be killed by simply shrieking...", Ozpin chuckled in amusement at his students' antics.

"Just like that time when I screwed around with a flashbang.", Eli sighed at the not-so-glorious memory. "Didn't hear a thing for a few days."

Ironwood couldn't help but got intrigued at the mention of such device. "What's a flashbang, Eli?"

"It's a less-lethal explosive device used to temporarily disorient an enemy's senses.", Eli replied, seeing no harm in sharing some knowledge of otherworldly weaponry. "Basically Ruby's shriek combined with a blinding flash of light."

He really interested in the prospect of such a weapon. The Atlesian general made mental note to order the R&D Department once he got back.

"A non-lethal weapon would definitely make it easier to subdue criminals.", Specialist Winter mused to herself.

"Here's hoping Ice Queen ain't gonna throw a bunch of those flashbangs at my face.", Qrow jokingly said while chugging a mouthful of booze, ignoring the intense glares from the Schnee sisters.

Nora then pulled Yang up on her feet and held her rifle at low ready.

Taking a few breaths, Yang managed to calm down after the whole ordeal. "There's no right way in a place like this."

"We'll find one.", Nora looked at the driver directly in the eyes. "You're the driver."

"Damn right.", Yang proudly proclaimed and stuffed some lien cards into the infamous swear jar without her little sister's prompt.

"One should not hit a man when he is down, or in this case, a lady when she is down", Ozpin smiled and sipped his coffee. "It seems that Miss Nora on the screen regretted her decision and thus chose to return to her team."

"That doesn't mean she can get away of being a coward for abandoning the mission earlier.", Blake frowned and crossed her arms. Behind her, Eli just merely rolled his eyes.

Yang then proceeded to climb back into the tank with Nora covering her rear. Once inside, the young driver immediately set to work on replacing the faulty sparkplugs with new ones.

"Ah. Nice work, girls.", Jaune complimented his crew while holding a flask in his hand.

"Yeah, we did good, didn't we?", Yang responded and pointedly looked at the cranky gunner. That little sentence brought a small smile to the woman.

"Aye."

"Last time I checked, that girl ran away, not helping other Yang in any ways.", Winter scowled. "How come she just casually took credits like that with no shame at all?"