Chapter 3: Storm of Steel

I do not own anything relating to RWBY and Battlefield 1. RWBY is belonged to Rooster Teeth and Battlefield 1 is belonged to DICE and EA. All names mentioned in this fanfic belong to their respective owners.

The ideas in this fanfic belongs to me.

All criticisms are welcomed, especially the ones that are constructive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A soothing jazz then started playing with the words "A DICE PRODUCTION" appeared on the screen. It then showed an African American man sleeping, his face constantly shifting as if he was having a nightmare. A woman placed a hand on his shoulder then he suddenly woke up from the touch. The scene then cut to him waking up but instead of being on his bed, he was seen lying on the muddy ground of a battlefield before being pulled up on his feet by a soldier. All around him, his comrades and enemy troops were killing each other savagely and the landscape itself was hellish. An enemy was seen rushing the man from his left, but he dodged just in time before pulling out his knife and stabbing the enemy in the side, effectively killing him. Throughout the slaughter, the soothing song kept playing in the background.

Everybody was staring at the screen with shock on their faces, some even gagged and teared up at the gruesome sight. All female students turned their heads away as they couldn't take in the slaughter. Weiss was clinging onto her sister and buried her face into Winter's shoulder. Ruby was a shaking mess and was holding her mother's and sister's hands for comfort while having the hood of her cloak covering her face. Yang frowned and turned away from the screen but she constantly took a small peak at the screen every now and then. Blake was burying her face inside her book while tears of sadness and scare was rolling down her face and fell onto the pages, ruining some of the words but she didn't care. Pyrrha was crying in the arms of Jaune and Nora was seen also doing the same thing. Penny was the luckiest as being an android means that she could block out the gruesome sight in front of her. Among the male students however, Ren was having some flashback about his hometown and unknowingly had his semblance semi-activated.

"Dear Oum...", Glynda gasped with both hands covering her mouth in shock.

"This amount of destruction... Not even a Grimm attack can match this.", Ironwood said, trying his best to remain calm. Though the same could not be said about his subordinate as the older Schnee's chest is moving up and down a bit more violently than usual.

"I'll say...", Ozpin said sadly. But then he realized something not normal. "But where are the Grimm? And why do these soldier die so easily? Shouldn't their auras protect them from the beatings and stabbings?"

"That world doesn't have Grim, auras, semblances, and Dust.", Eli just simply said.

Everyone immediately turned their heads towards Eli, but before anyone could have the chance to ask, Eli just said "It's another world."

The killing continued. A soldier was smacked in the face by a soldier who was holding his rifle like a bat, before being stabbed through the hand by an enemy. The African American man from before looked around him, still trying to get his bearings straight before the scene cut to a soldier pushing his enemy to the ground before pounding on his face continuously, with soldiers stabbing each other in the backgrorund. Around the African American soldier, screams of pain, hatred, and anguish rang loudly, as he held his rifle and stared directly at the audience before the screen cut to black.

The silence in the theater was deafening as everyone was busy taking in the sight just now. Just as they thought it's finally over, a sentence appeared on the screen.