Chapter 9: Friends In High Places - Act 2

I do not own anything relating to RWBY and Battlefield 1. RWBY belongs to Rooster Teeth and Battlefield 1 belongs to DICE and EA. All names mentioned in this fanfic belong to their respective owners.

The ideas in this fanfic belongs to me.

All criticisms are welcomed, especially the ones that are constructive.

...

Right after the words left Torchwick's mouth, the scene changed again, this time showing the cloudy afternoon sky of France. A squadron of a dozen or so RAF warplanes, mainly Bristols and Camels, flew by as the camera followed, all armed and ready for war.

"Now that's what I call a squadron.", Torchwick whistled, clearly impressed at the display.

"This time the boys won't get ganged up anymore!", Yang energetically said with a wide grin. Everyone around her also agreed... except for team's RWBY resident smart girl, infamous party pooper, queen of uptightness, and heiress of Remnant's most powerful corporation.

"They won't fly this time, I'm sure of it.", Weiss huffed, drawing many eyes towards her. "After the stunt they pulled few minutes ago, I would not be surprised if their Commander decided to have both of them grounded."

The white-haired girl's comment made Ruby groan in exasperation. "Why are you always so pessimistic, Weiss? Cheer up, it won't kill!"

The girl in question frowned in return and retorted. "I'm being realistic, not pessimistic."

The view then focused on one aeroplane, a Bristol F2.A to be exact. In the plane were two airmen, a pilot and a tail gunner. Even though their faces were hidden behind pairs of aviator goggles and leather hats, everyone still recognized them.

"Before we knew it we were back in the air.", Torchwick narrated.

With a smug look on her face, Blake turned to face the SDC's heiress. "You were saying, Weiss?"

"I... wha... but how?!", Weiss semi-shrieked in disbelief, her face red in embarrassment. "They broke the rules by flying into somewhere they were not supposed to, on-screen Ozpin said that himself!"

"Sometimes the rules have to be bent if the end results prove to be beneficial for the overall cause.", General Ironwood calmly explained. "A leader must be flexible in their decision-making process. If you just keep playing by the books, you will end up nowhere in both your career and life."

The adults among the audience nodded in agreement, while the youngsters, especially the ones holding the title of team leader, memorized the words of wisdom from the General. Nobody could refute the man, as what he just said was very true on so many levels. He also made Eli, a person that by now everyone knew for sure was a very wise man, impressed with his short speech.

"Our mission; to clear the way for the bombers so they could blow that fortress all to hell.", Torchwick continued as the view switched to an aerial overview above the battlefield. Even from this height, the audience could see dead trees all over the place, which indicated that before the war, this area used to be a lush green forest.

Fires and craters of all sizes were also visible, which meant that the fighting had been going on for a while now, maybe long before the planes even showed up.

Last but not least, in the upper-left corner of the screen, the target of the assault. With no clouds or fogs cover, everyone was treated to the sight of the grand structure.

"They will need a lot of firepower to level that monster of a structure.", Summer commented with wide eyes.

Down below, her former teammate Qrow nodded. "Yup, combined arms tactics will be very useful in this case."