Chapter 8: Friends In High Places - Act 1

I do not own anything relating to RWBY and Battlefield 1. RWBY belongs to Rooster Teeth and Battlefield 1 belongs to DICE and EA. All names mentioned in this fanfic belong to their respective owners.

The ideas in this fanfic belongs to me.

All criticisms are welcomed, especially the ones that are constructive.

After the viewing of the first chapter, everyone left the cinema for other facilities to cool their heads. The little reaper's uncle, Qrow, along with General Ironwood, Headmaster Ozpin, Professor Glynda, Torchwick and Neo chose the bar; team SSSN and JNPR went to the swimming pool, much to Neptune's dismay. Currently, team RWBY along with Summer, Penny and Winter were taking their time relaxing in an indoor garden.

Two hours later, everyone began to return to the cinema to continue with the second chapter. At first glance, the natives from Remnant all seemed to have recovered from the roller coaster of emotions which was "Through Mud and Blood", some of them were not entirely okay, evident by the uncertainty shown through body language of some or the redness on the cheeks caused by alcohol. Though overall, all of them were ready for the next one.

"I hope everyone had a good time.", Eli warmly said.

"We did, Mr. Eli. Thank you for your concern.", Summer replied. Everyone else also nodded in agreement.

The Host then switched his attention to Qrow, Ironwood, Torchwick and Neo. "I also hope that the bar has everything to your liking."

"It sure does, Eli my man.", Qrow chuckled. "We especially enjoyed your totally-unreadable brand of vodka. It makes the Six Swans' tastes like tab water."

"Ah you mean the ТОВАРИЩ! (TOVARITCH), yes?", Eli replied in the Russian accent. This caused everyone to look at him weirdly.

"What's wrong with your voice?", Pyrrha asked.

"Yeah, you sound like uncle Qrow whenever he's drunk. Which is always.", Yang added. Snickers and giggles could be heard coming from Ruby, Summer, Winter and Glynda, while the man himself groaned and rolled his eyes. His niece wasn't totally wrong, after all.

Eli chuckled a bit as he answered. "Haha, very funny. For your information, there was nothing wrong with my voice. I just imitated an accent from a country called Russia, the place of origin of the alcohol that Qrow said earlier."

"So does that word have a meaning or it's just some random name for an alcohol brand?", Ozpin inquired, interested in learning the language.

"Hmm... that depends.", the Host replied, drawing gazes of confusion from everyone. "Did Roman and Neo share a glass with you and the General, Qrow?"

"Well yes, why?", the man in question answered, puzzled as to why Eli would ask such a strange question.

"In that case, I shall be a good friend of everyone and choose not to answer the Headmaster's question.". That kind of respond only deepened the confusion. "Trust me. If I tell you the meaning of the word 'Tovaritch', I bet my money on you and Ironwood making a beeline for the restroom."

That suddenly made everyone to become a bit weary. Is a meaning of a simple word that bad that Eli even willing to bet his money on it? However, since money was now involved, they couldn't ignore the fact that they may have an opportunity to pocket some easy and free lien cards. Just the thought of it made it very enticing to all of them.

Roman Torchwick, true to his title and affiliation, "represented" everyone and confidently said. "How about we make a deal, Eli? If we win, you will give each of us 10 lien cards; if we lose, each of us will give you 10 lien cards.". The rest of the audience stared at Torchwick in disbelief. Since when did a criminal have the right to speak on everyone's behalf?