✨Malleus: Speak To Me {!Mute!FReader}*Ed*

❇Y/n's P.O.V.❇

"Ha, look at the freak," a student male laughed as others laughed along with him. I lowered my head in shame as everyone laughed at me.

That was the day I first lost control.

I hated it in grade school. Everyone was against me. The teachers didn't believe me. I haven't spoken since then, not even to my own family as they were against me too. For me to speak out, it makes everything worse.

Everyone just thinks I'm a cursed child.

Except Malleus.

He saved me from killing myself and gave me the love and comfort I needed. I still don't talk to anyone. Not even him. But he understands why. He tries to keep getting me to speak to him though, but he doesn't pressure me into doing it. I know by the fact he's been dropping hints every time it gets mentioned. He really has helped me. I guess I can say that I did fall for him. I fell for him hard.

"Y/n!"

I turned to see Riddle storming up from behind me with someone else in tow. I tilted my head and Riddle growled, "School Rule #101 "No bullying other students". How many times do I have to tell you to stop tormenting E/n?"

The Heartslabyul student behind him snicker silently and put up another act of being victim, "I don't feel safe with her around, she threatened to beat me up after school."

Malleus came over out of nowhere while stepping in front of me and said, "Last time I checked, Y/n here doesn't talk to anyone, not even me and I've known her since the two of us were children. She would never even threaten someone's safety unless she is threatened first."

E/n gulped as Riddle turned to g/p and g/p began to run off when.

"OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!"

A chain collar appeared around the E/n's neck and g/p tripped over g/p feet. Riddle went over to g/p and said, "Queen of Hearts Rule #243, "No one is to lie to the queen or shall suffer the consequences". You can go back to class, but after school, you are to sweep and mop all the floors of the dorm area, halls and all, for the rest of the month for lying about bullying."

"Good punishment," Malleus muttered. Riddle turned back to me and bowed as he spoke "My apologies, Y/n. I've never expect one of my fellow dormmates to lie to me about you bullying them. I swear it will never happen again. I apologize for not realizing sooner that you choose not to speak to others at all."

I patted his head softly with a smile which had Riddle stand up straight as he tilted his head.

"It's her way of saying thanks since she's a chosen mute," Malleus said. Riddle raised an eyebrow and Malleus answered, "Y/n can speak, she just chooses not to because of what happened in her past, well, unless she feels threatened."

"Good to know, I'll be sure to tell the other dorm leaders. Have a good day, Y/n," Riddle said as he walked off. Once Riddle was out of earshot, Malleus jokes, "If I hadn't been around the corner, it would've been off with your head instead."

I smiled as I turned my head to him and giggled quietly which made Malleus face turn red as his eyes widened at the sound of my giggle. I hugged him and said, "Thank you, Malleus. You're the best."

Malleus hugged me back and said, "I'm happy you think of me like that. Now, let's get to class, otherwise we'll be late."

"Mkay," I said softly. He took my hand and he walked me to my class.

<<Two Months Later>>

"Hey Y/n, can I talk to you for a moment?" Malleus asked. I nodded and he took my hand as he led me to his room. It was kind of an awkward silence in the air. We got to his room and he opened the door.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked. He locked the door and said, "Well, I like this girl but I don't know how to tell her."

"Why not just tell her? You can practice doing it with me," I said. It breaks my heart to know he might have an eye out for someone else, but I'm happy for him either way.

"Okay, well, uh, I really really like you, Y/n. As in more than friend," Malleus spoke. He smiled softly and I said, "Perfect, you probably only need to work on your confidence to tell her."

"Why do that when I already have," Malleus said. I felt my face turn red and I began to stutter over my words. Damn it, that was a fucking smooth move to say that. Malleus chuckled and asked, "Are you okay or are you just melting for me?"

I punched his arm lightly and said, "Stop flirting, goof. I love you too."

He picked me up and curled up to me in his bed. He held me close and asked, "So you won't mind if I were to say you're my lover now?"

"Not at all, after all, you're my lover now as well," I said. He smiled and pulled me against him.

"I love you, Y/n."

"I love you too, Malleus."