Chapter 20

Trappers Priority 💍

Chapter 20 :

Mercedes slipped into some LOVE PINK sweat shorts , sandals & a white beater as quick as she could muster . She didn't care about a bra in the moment , she ran all around the house searching for her car keys until she found them & flew out the house .

When she arrived to the hospital , the cold blast of the AC hit her as soon as the double doors slid open .

Walking up to the front desk , she grasped the older woman at the front desk attention .

" Hi , my husband was shot . I wanted to know if he is in or isn't in surgery yet ".

" What's his Name "?

Mercedes gave the lady all the information she needed , for information in return .

" it seems as so Mr.Williams is in surgery . You can have a seat in the waiting room ".

Putting a hand to her forehead & sighing , Mercedes walked into the room to be greeted by Her mother in law & Tae .

When Mercedes took In Taes Appearance , he had blood all over his white tee & gray ball shorts .

" What happened Tae "? Mercedes questioned , the reality of the situation sinking in just a little .

" Man , we was on our way to yo crib . & Ja kept saying ... Man this Blue Impala riding the shit out of me . But I'm looking out the mirrors and I ain't seeing shit . So I'm like man you tripping . You know the back road to yalls crib be emptier than a Motherfucker , so once it's just us on the road ... Here the blue Impala come zooming ... And it's a nigga hanging out the side of the window mane . He ain't the only one in the truck tho . I can't get a good look , cuz it's dark as shit out .This nigga start firing .. I mean letting off .. Pop pop pop pop pop ... That's all I kept hearing . Ja lost control of the wheel into a patch of dirt . The impala speeds off , not looking back . Man I'm shaking my nigga & shaking em . He ain't moving . I'm calling him , " Ja "! Ja ! My nigga ! Get up ! He ain't responding .
I gets out the car & I run around to the other side . & I see blood . Man I'm trying not to freak out while I'm moving his body to the back seat . I'm checking for pulses , he was breathing .. But barely . I couldn't check where he been hit or how many times . Next thing I do is hop in the drivers seat & speed here . Been here ever since ".

" Did any of the doctors come out & speak to yall yet ma "? She asked her hands trembling in fear .

" Nope , not yet ". Mercedes mother in law sighed , her tear marks dry on her face & her hands tightly knitted as they all watched the white walls as hours ticked by .

Mercedes called up her mother to let her know what was going on as well as Macy & they all came rushing to the hospital with baby maj .

As Maj laid in Mercedes arms , sucking away at her pacifier ... All Mercedes could think about the last time she had spoken to her husband & how it was on horrible terms . She thought about how if he didn't make it , he's miss out on so many things . He wouldn't be able to see his only child grow up or take her first steps or lose her first tooth .

Mercedes wiped the stray tear away . She couldn't dwell on the negatives right at this moment , her husband was damn near fighting for his life & she needed to be as positive and level headed as she could muster .

7 in the morning came & it was still no words from the doctors . Maj was getting antsy & cranky & Everybody was awake off of Fear & anxiety .

Mercedes head snapped up as soon as she heard the Familiar sound of The doctors gloves coming off & placed into a trash bin .

" Family of Jazir Williams "? The Female doctor approaced them .