Chapter 14: Percy

Percy watched Quackity, Wilbur, and Tommy walk towards the casino. They would go different ways soon, Quackity to the front, Wilbur and Tommy finding a back entrance.

"Alright, this has to quick." Annabeth said, pulling out her phone. "We don't want to attract monsters."

"We could go over there." Leo suggested, pointing towards a large square with a fountain the center. "There are so many people, no one will pay attention to us, and no monsters will come after us with that many mortals around."

"That's not a bad idea." Percy said.

"It's as good of a plan as any." Annabeth shrugged, walking towards the square.

The demigod trio sat down around the fountain.

Percy fingered the headset Quackity gave him, praying that he wouldn't have to use it. Quackity had said that if you didn't know how they worked, they could let anyone else with a headset know exactly where you were, which could be useful, but it could also be a curse. Something about a dream finding their location and sabotaging the mission.

Annabeth was quickly tapping at her phone. "Leo?" she said.

Leo reached into his tool belt and pulled out a flash drive. Annabeth plugged it into her phone and continued tapping.

Leo reached back into his tool belt and pulled out a couple other items Percy couldn't name and started fiddling with them.

Percy started to get impatient. He didn't have anything to do for this part of the plan, and he didn't have anything to do with his hands like Leo did.

Annabeth cursed in ancient Greek. "This is taking too long."

"Let me try." Leo reached for her phone. Annabeth handed it over.

"What are we supposed to do, exactly?" Percy asked.

"Wilbur and Tommy are disabling cams for everyone in the building. The flash drive is supposed to let us watch through the cameras. We're supposed to tell them if anyone is getting close-"

"But if we can't get in we can't help them. Got it." Percy finished.

"We're also supposed to get in contact with someone called 'Tubbo', but they never gave me any information on him, so I'm not sure how."

"It's in the flash drive." Leo said. "I think I'm getting it."

The headset in Percy's hands purred.

Percy quickly put it on and listened. Jumbled pieces of words came through, but nothing he could make out.

"Hello?" he asked.

Static. Then words.

"Behind you."