Chapter 24: Tommy

Tommy was outside of the RV, leaning on the railing. He knew he shouldn't be out here when the vehicle was moving, but the inside was too crowded. Too many people, and he didn't feel like talking to anyone.

He looked down at his hand, closing his fist.

His hand kept fading in and out, changing from light transparent gray to his normal skin color. This had been happening a lot in the last couple days, but he didn't want to tell anyone. He didn't want anyone to worry about him.

He had this weird feeling, like he wasn't quite himself. And he kept having thoughts that he didn't think were his.

Well, they were his. Who else would they belong to? But they didn't seem like things he would normally think about.

Someone honked. Tommy turned his head. Someone was looking at him from another car. The person gestured, telling him to go back inside the RV.

Tommy saluted, smirking.

The person in the other car shook his head, speeding up.

Tommy looked back at his hand, setting it on the railing.

"Fuck." he cursed. His had had sunk slightly into the railing.

He pulled his hand out, shaking it until it returned to normal.

Whatever was going on with him, he didn't like it.

The back door opened.

"Hey, Tommy."

"Hey Quackity."

"You good?" Quackity asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"You seem quieter than usual."

"I'm aloud to  be fuckin' quiet, Quackity."

"I know you're aloud to, but you're not."

Tommy laughed. "Good to know."

"Seriously though, are you okay?"

"Yes! Quackity, I'm fine."

"Okay." Quackity seemed unconvinced. "Anyway, Angry Face wants me to tell you that we're pulling over soon. Take a break, eat some food, that kinda stuff."

"Alright. Lets go back in then." Tommy pushed past Quackity and entered the RV.

Tommy sat down on a bench, sighing. Quackity was right. He was different. And not in a good way.

A couple minutes later, the RV stopped.

"Come on. Rest stop." Clarisse said.

Tommy just stared out the window absentmindedly.

"Come on, Tommy." Wilbur said.

Tommy stood up and exited the RV.

"Tommy-"

"Don't." Tommy cut him off. "I already got a little speech from Quackity."

"I was just gonna ask if you wanted pizza." Wilbur said, walking towards the gas stating that they had stopped at.

Tommy's phone started ringing.

He pulled out his phone. It was Tubbo.

"Hey, Tubbo." he said, smiling.

"Hi Tommy!"

"What's up with you?"

"Not much." Tubbo said. "We're going to a children's museum!"

"What?"

"A children's museum. In Indianapolis."

"Why?" Tommy laughed.

"Recreational purposes."

"Okay?"

"Well, nice chat. Talk to you later!"

"Tubbo is a strange boy." Tommy said as Tubbo hung up.

He put his phone back in his pocket.

"Hello." a female voice.

Tommy turned. A pretty girl was leaning against one of the poles that held the gas for the cars. She had wavy, light brown hair that went a little further than her shoulders. She had green eyes that seemed to glow slightly in the light. She wore a light blue T-shirt and dark jeans.

That's what she was at first glance.

Tommy's eyes focused, and she changed.

Her smiling teeth turned into sharp fangs. Her eyes were glowing as bright as the sun.

Tommy tried to look away, but his eyes seemed to be stuck in her gaze.

"S-sorry, I'm a minor." he stuttered.

"Oh, I'm sorry." she pouted. "I guess I can ask someone else." she turned and started walking away.

"What the fuck." Tommy said, turning back towards the RV, not sure what to do.

Fingers closed around his neck, nails digging into his skin. "I'm hungry." the girl hissed.

"What the fuck are you?" Tommy said, trying to sound more confident than he felt.

"My name is Selena." she said.

"I said what, not who." Tommy snapped.

"Oh I don't think that matters." she said.

"Well I think," Tommy grunted. "It does." he pulled out his sword, swinging back, throwing Selena off of him.

She hissed. "That's not nice."

"Fuck off, bitch." he said.

"I thought we could be friends." she said.

Is this what all girls are like in America? Tommy thought.

"No thanks." he said, scoffing.

Something hit him in the arm. He looked down.

A small dart was sticking out of his arm. "You motherfucker."

He passed out.