Chapter 32: Big Fish

"Shit!" Captain Puffy said, steering the ship as quickly as she could without crashing. "What the fuck!"

The wind was insane. Puffy had never sailed on winds this fierce before, and that was saying a lot, considering she had sailed through ocean storms that could tear a warship apart.

Something was wrong. Even though she had almost no experience sailing in the sky, she knew the wind shouldn't be this powerful.

Nothing should be this powerful. Nothing except the gods and the ocean, her everlasting sea chantey.

The ship tilted to the side. She quickly adjusted everything, getting the boat back on course, yelling curse words to the sky, the sky that never listened, the sky that had no rules, no obligations, the sky that did what it wanted.

The sky that never asked anyone to do anything, the sky that kept to itself. The sky that didn't need anyone to do anything for it.

For her, for him, for them.

The sky that didn't want anything. The sky that didn't need anything. Nothing but the clouds, the stars.

The beautiful, beautiful sky.

"Puffy? What's going on?" Piper had emerged.

"Get back down!" Puffy called.

Something slammed into the side of the ship.

The ship started to spiral down back through the clouds.

"Hold on to something!" Puffy yelled.

The ship slammed into something and jolted to a stop. The wind died down.

"What the hell!" Puffy let go of the wheel.

"What happened?" Purpled had arrived.

--------------------------

Puffy spun around. Her eyes were angry. "I don't know!"

Purpled stepped back. The only time Purpled had seen her more angry was the Red Banquet.

Purpled heard something and glanced behind him.

Nico and Grover had followed him up, both looking more than a little seasick- skysick?

"Wind shouldn't be that powerful! That shouldn't have happened!"

"Well, there's no use worrying about it now." Piper said. "We should probably get out. Figure out where we are."

Puffy took a deep breath. "Yeah. Let's do that." she jumped off the ship.

"Well, she's angry." Grover said.

Purpled shook his head. "The last time I saw her like that as when she decided to be an anarchist."

"She's an anarchist?" Nico asked, not sounding very interested.

"Yeah, why?"

"Governments help people." Grover said.

Purpled let out a short, emotionless laugh. "Not where we're from."

"Where are you from?"

"Far from here." Purpled started to walk towards the edge of the ship, where Piper had followed Puffy.

But Nico cut his arm. "That's what you keep saying, but you never actually give us answers. Tell us where you're from, Purpled."

Purpled stopped. He didn't want to think about that. About where he was from. About what they made him do.

He yanked his arm away. He walked quickly to the edge of the ship.

"I'll tell you later." he said, with no intention of telling them later.