Chapter 6: part two

"you must be careful Anastasia." Her brows furrowed and her tone lowered. We had been talking blissfully moments ago about the passions that light our eyes up. But now, it was serious.

"you danced with his highness, that's fine.... but you must be careful." Her eyes flickered to the curtain and back at me.

"you see, it's an unspoken rule amongst the ladies, that in our eyes Prince Izana should already be taken. And if we ignore this...well...they'll warn you." She pinched at her hand.

"taken? He is not married nor courting anyone" she looked back up at me,

"No...but he will be. Everyone knows that lady Haki may...no.... will marry prince Izana." Her eyes pleaded for me to understand.

"very well...so you're saying I should avoid engaging with his highness? I'm fine with that I guess" i won't lie, I am confused...if he is not married nor courting, it shouldn't matter if any other young lady approached his highness. She looked back up at me and smiled.

"Thank you, I'm glad you understand. I'll be honest with you, I was asked to warn you on behalf of this group." She pulls a card from her purse.

"The round table of flowers" I mutter.

"Yes, it is a group of young ladies. I would like you to come to our next meeting, I'm sure you would fit right in." her eyes glistened with passion. From our discussions beforehand I knew Cecelia enjoyed literature and philosophy, so prehaps assume this group may be academic forward.

"Yes...I would love to" I smile and curtsy. "thank you for inviting me"

"It is my pleasure." She returns the curtsy.

"Well...I must go back out...it is my debutante, after all, I can't stay behind these closed curtains forever." I sigh and lift the curtain.

"Thank you, Cecelia, I hope we can meet again soon. Perhaps tea?"

"yes, we must meet again soon, I'll see you again before the meeting" she smiled. " I will stay put here for a bit longer."

"very well...see you soon" I close the curtain, and my eyes fill will light. I must have been outside for a few hours, yet it was still as lively as I when I left. Ladies gliding across the ballroom hanging across their chaperons like an ornament. I scan for my father.

"I want to go home...."  

two chapters in two days?? i think that's record. 

anyway, I'll be doing longer, full chapters from now on :) hopefully I can be more consistent!