chapter one:

" congratulations your grace, it's a girl. " 

the wind howls and the rain splatters. the newborn baby is placed into the arms of it's mother.

" where is my husband? has he not arrived yet?" she softly speaks while weakly stroking the placid Childs head. her face begins to pale and her eyes begin to dull. 

"I'm sorry your grace, the storm must be delaying him but I'm sur-" red stains the sheet where the woman lies. her breaths become shallower and her hands start to tremble. the maids tried their best to stop the bleeding but she was dying and there was nothing that could be done about it. 

bang!

the door flies open and the duke rushes to his wife side. he wasn't meet with the picture of a happy mother holding their new child but alas his eyes saw that of his beautiful and precious duchess's life slowly fading away. he clasped one of her hands and ran his fingers down her face. his eyes begin to swell at the sight of her and once that first tear broke loose, the flood of water pouring from his eyes was as heavy as the rain. she lifted her hand and placed it softly on her husbands flushed cheeks, rubbing the tears away. 

"Anastasia, thats a lovely name don't you think, Francis.... " her hand fell from his cheek and her eyes, which once glistened like a ruby became lifeless and her once warm body grew cold. all was silent expect the painful sobs of her husband. the mournful man looked up at his sleeping daughter which laid in the lap of her deceased mother. he picked the baby up and watched it's peaceful face. 

"so innocent and pure, you wouldn't have even realised that your mother just died." a sorrowful frown spreads across his face as the baby opens its eyes. 

 "I hope you'll be just like her, beautiful and full of life." 

so thats how the girl Anastasia came into existence. the day was known as a tragedy for all. the duke's wife, Lady Belle was a known beauty throughout clarines and was also known for her clam and caring nature. she hosted feasts and engaged in charity work for the people. she was  the face of clarines and became an important public figure for the people. 

the duke and the duchess had already been blessed with a child, a boy they named Percival. four years later, the duchess became pregnant again. the small family of three were delighted at the news but there was one issue. the death of the king shocked the nation. he died while the kingdom was at war, and Francis was his right-hand man. the De Morée family were very powerful. they had a strong army, lots of land, wealth and political power. they had many allies but also many enemies. one morning, the duke had noticed that some silverware he was about to use,Turn black. it was caused from poision. this was a wake-up call for the family. they had to be extra careful about everything they did, so when lady Belle found at she was pregnant, the family announced she was sick so she could hide herself away for the following months. she was then taken to a small, but very lush cottage in the south. the only people who knew of her pregnancy was the duke, their son and only trusted servants. 

the following months flew by. the duke tried visiting as often as he could but the death of the king had placed more pressure on the queen dowager and the young prince so he was required to help manage the kingdom. the duchess went into labour and signs of her not surviving started to show. it was an agonising twelve hours for everyone. a storm had formed which delayed the dukes arrival. the birthing process was rough, the child wasn't coming out as smoothly as it should have. after she gave birth, she had so little strength left in her she could barely lift an arm, thats when the bleeding started. nothing could be done about it. too much blood was leaving her body. moments after the duke had arrived she past away. 

a few days later it was announced she had a tumour which had been growing in her stomach and died due to the illness. Anastasias birth was kept a secret for her own safety. she was taken out of that cottage and moved to unoccupied mansion owned by the De Morée family. only two servants and two knights were taking care of her whilst she lived there. her father visited on occasions but was two busy to come see her often. some would say he was neglecting her due to the fact her birth was the reason his beloved wife died but in truth, he would give the world for his daughter. 

when Anastasia turned ten, she was then sent to a school in a neighbouring country. the school was new and it was rather secretive. Francis, her father was a friend of Lady Lilia who ran the school and new that it was the perfect place to send his daughter. when educating girls, what is typically taught is how to be a good wife, manage households and raise children. but at the St Afra school, much more is taught to these girls. they learnt all that a man would if he attended a prestigious school and even more. Anastasia was in a class of five which she then spent the next seven years with. 

at the age of fourteen, a terrible accident occurred back home. her brother, Percival was shot with a poisoned arrow and died moments after. Anastasia grieved the loss of her brother, they were very close before she left. he spent most of his time with Anna back when she lived in clarines and he was her only friend back then. she was already missing him dearly without being able to see him for four years and to then find out that her brother had died was a painful shock, something she wasn't expecting. 

Anastasia was a promising girl. she excelled in everything at school. from how to be proper lady, to swordsmanship and politics, she was a genius. the only problem was she quite the trouble maker, she was serious when she needed to be but besides that she caused havoc in the small school. nearly three years have passed and Anastasia is on the verge of turning seventeen. this is the age a girl becomes a women and for nobles, when a child will début. 

and so the story of Anastasias life goes on. what will happen now that she returns home and is announced to the world?