09| ʙᴀᴛʜʀᴏᴏᴍ sᴛᴏʀɪᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴍʙᴀʀʀᴀssɪɴɢ ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴs

ʜᴇ's ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴠɪʟʟᴀɪɴʜᴇ's ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙᴏʏ𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕: 𝑺𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒚 - 𝒀𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒀𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔

ʜᴇ's ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴠɪʟʟᴀɪɴ
ʜᴇ's ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙᴏʏ
𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕: 𝑺𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒚 - 𝒀𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒀𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔

______________________________

Electricity flowed from his hair down to his cheeks and he opened his eyes to see an angel hovering over him. She was in tears and he felt bad because she was too beautiful to cry.

He raised his arm, ignoring the pain that lingered on his shoulder but stopped mid air when he recognized her face. He drew his arm back and sat up, resting his head on the tree behind him.

"How did you find me?" he asked but she pulled him into a tight hug, crying on his shoulder.

"You're okay. I was so worried."

"You're just like him aren't you?" he asked and shook his torso away from her grasp. He wanted to leave here. Away from these monsters.

"Please come home, I'll explain everything." she whispered.

"No. I'm not going anywhere with you. You're all monsters. Killers." he wanted to cry. He betrayed his mother. He lived with the people who killed her.

"Please come home Lance," he stared at her longingly. He hated to see her cry. "Please."

He kept his eyes on the bubbles that formed from the liquid soap Sugar had used to run a bath for him. She sat on the ground beside the bathtub, her eyes glued to his broken mirror. He wasn't ashamed that he was naked beside her, he needed her here so he wouldn't cry.

"Your mom too was a wolf." she said what he dreaded to hear and he clenched his fists as tight as he could under the water. His whole life had been a lie.

"Your mom's killer is the monster, not us. We'd never do that to our kind." she continued and he shook his head.

"It makes no sense." he still wished it was all a dream.

"You're one of us Lance. Your father is a wolf, your mother is one so that makes you one. Full born wolf."

"You know my father?" Lance asked in shock. All these years, he thought his father was dead. His mother never mentioned him.

"Your mother's past was an interesting story." she looked at him as if she was seeking his permission to continue. He pushed the thought of his mother's death to the back of his head. If he really wanted to get over it, he'd start now by knowing the truth. Not the false life he lived. The real world he came from.

He drew in a deep breath and sighed loudly. "Tell me everything."

"It's a short story my dad told me."

"I don't mind." he shrugged.

"Adriana Miller had a perfect life. Loving parents, a job in the human world and a soulmate who loved her very much. We had rogues threatening to overtake our pack and our warriors were not strong enough so we invited the Alpha King to intervene.