10|ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀɴ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ɪʟʟᴇɢᴀʟ ᴋɪssᴇs

sᴏᴍᴇᴅᴀʏ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪᴇsᴛ ᴠᴇʀsɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ

ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ɪᴛ

𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕: 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 - 𝑱𝒖𝒍𝒊𝒂 𝑴𝒊𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒆𝒍𝒔 𝒇𝒕 𝑵𝒊𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒂𝒏

________________________________

"Where are we going?" he asked for the umpteenth time as he frustratingly drummed his fingers on the wind down window of the car door.

"You'll see." she shrugged and Lance groaned, pulling his cheeks down.

"I swear to god I'll jump off this car right now if you don't tell me." he warned and became even more agitated when she giggled. It felt good to hear her laugh but he had much more better things to think of. Like how his mother would be disappointed in him for living with the very kind of her murderer.

"Human town. It's forbidden in our pack to associate with humans but I thought it would make you feel better and there's someone I know would give us an answer to our questions." she explained and he sighed and leaned back into the car seat. His eyes roamed the endless moving trees, wondering when it would end.

"Is she a wolf too?" Lance asked, dreading the answer. If she was, he'd surely jump out of the car without any hesitation.

"She's a witch. I figured she'd be able to conjure your memories." she said and Lance noticed she drove past a signboard that had Wolfhill on it. He noticed the trees had reduced and more houses were visible.

He observed the humans and realized they were much more different from the wolves. They weren't as built or as beautiful as the wolves. The kids ran around, the adults shouted at each other and the teenagers rode their skateboards, unaware of the wolves among them. He pitied the humans. They were fragile and dumb.

"Where are we?" Lance asked Sugar who rolled down the window of the car doors and turned off the air conditioner.

"Ohio," he nodded and smiled to himself. Despite the disadvantages of being a human which he just realized, it felt good to be away from the toxic town called Wolfhill. "You might wanna put your head out." Sugar told him, her eyes still focused on the road.

Reluctantly, he brought his head out of the rolled down window. At first, he hissed at the particles that got into his eyes and soon he got the hang of it. His hair were blown all over the place and his eyes got watery due to the amount of breeze Sugar caused by increasing the speed of the car.

"This feels like home doesn't it?" she asked but he didn't reply. He savored the moment in silence. This wasn't what home felt like to him. Home was like living with Mr Oliver. And if this was what home felt like to her, he wanted to do this forever.