12| ᴍᴀʀᴋɪɴɢ-ᴏᴜᴛ-sᴇssɪᴏɴs ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙɪᴛ ᴏғ ᴅɪᴘsʜɪᴛ

ᴅᴀᴍᴀɢᴇᴅ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜs,ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴇʟʟғᴇᴇʟ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕: 𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝑻𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒔 - 𝑵𝒆𝒐𝒏 𝑻𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒔

ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴇʟʟ
ғᴇᴇʟ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ
𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕: 𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝑻𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒔 - 𝑵𝒆𝒐𝒏 𝑻𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒔

_________________________________

"Sorry about the nose." Hikaru apologized with an annoying smile on her face. It irritated Lance that she found him writhing in pain, amusing.

"So funny I forgot to laugh." he revealed and she gave him a big sarcastic smile, making Lance to roll his eyes.

After some minutes of uncomfortable silence, "You know what you did this morning was kinda sick. No, not sick, sick makes it sound like there's a cure." he glared at her but she ignored. "You're twisted. I mean who the hell strangles his soulmate? That's messed up."

"Stay out of my business." he warned and she raised her hand in surrender before returning them to the steering wheel.

"I'm just saying. Sugar is my best friend and she thinks I don't care about her, but I do. Might sound shocking but you're the only one I approve of her, even if it hurts me to say this in front of you."

"Why are you telling me this?" Lance asked in bewilderment.

"I want you to know that you're not the only one who's in pain. Her father hates her because she's meant to rule the pack but she's a weak wolf. And that would cause some serious damage to Wolfhill pack. At some point, he wanted her to forcefully mate with Lake, the beta's son and strongest warrior in the pack but her mom talked some sense into his dumb skull.

All her life, she's been waiting for you to come rescue her, funny how it's the other way around."

Lance shrunk in shame as he processed Hikaru's words. And here, he thought Sugar had a perfect life with her father being the owner of the town. He thought she needed nothing to worry about in life. Well, he thought wrong.

"I know this is a lot to process but there's no time, you gotta get in there and get your girl." he stared at her smirk and nodded. This felt right. Nothing mattered to him more than this.

He got down from her monster truck, rubbing his hands together in nervousness, then moving forward towards the screened-in porch and raised his hand to touch the doorbell but was beaten to it.

"Oh my gosh you look way better than my daughter described." an older replica of Sugar appeared and he stood there frozen in fear. This was her mother.

"Hi," he squeaked and cleared his throat. "Hi Mrs Wolfhill, I came to check on Sugar." he smacked his forehead internally at his wackish way of acting decent in front of her mother. He had never acted this way with an adult before.