Vol. 1 - Chapter 2

✩✩✩

When the sun set, and the landscape flattened the boy suddenly stood up and startled Taehyung. Taehyung followed all movements of the stranger. Was he going to call the guard to throw him out of his carriage? He saw how the boy stretched his hands over his head letting his sweater move up only to let Taehyung see some pale skin of his flat stomach.

After the boy finished to stretch himself, he walked to the door.

''Where are you going?'' Taehyung asked unsure and stood up. The boy turned around to let his eyes wander off Taehyungs body.

''I'm going to the bathroom. Am I not allowed to?'' An eyebrow raised and Taehyung rolled his eyes at the sarcastic tone in his voice.

''I was just-''

''-afraid that I would call the guard? No, don't worry I won't.'' The boy left the carriage letting Taehyung in a depressive silence.

Taehyung massaged his tensed neck and sighed tiredly. He sat down again and grabbed his bag to pull out a small picture. He looked at the two silhouettes that were on the picture. The picture was slowly fading away. He sighed and caressed the small face standing next to himself. He smiled slightly before putting the picture away.

His eyes fell on the book of the boy. He walked over and held it up. Maybe he shouldn't touch his stuff but the boy would never find it out, right?

''P-Pride a-and Pre-Pre-dj- oh god. Pred-dj'' Taehyungs slowly tried to read the title of the book when he suddenly heard a voice filling the room.

''Prejudice''

He snapped to his left to see the boy standing with the open door looking at him. Taehyungs eyes widened slowly, and the boy closed the door.

''Did you go through my stuff?'' The boy asked when he sat himself down in front of Taehyung.

Taehyung quickly shook his head. ''No I just was curious what you were reading.'' He handed the book back and the boy nodded.

''I'm still not done with this book so I tell you afterwards if I recommend it or not.'' For the first time there was a small smile on the boys face and Taehyung smiled back. Smiling made the boy seem even younger.

''Do you read a lot of books?'' Taehyung asked and relaxed in his seat. The boy nodded. ''Yeah, my brother gifts me a lot of books. How about you?''

Taehyung shook his head. ''I don't.''

The stranger nodded slowly and tilted his head while a question formed itself in his mind.

''Why?'' The boy looked curiously at Taehyung.

Taehyung breathed out and let his shoulder drop. He couldn't possibly tell the boy that he was not allowed to read because he needed to work. His mother caught him so often stealing the books of his older sister in the attic. Every time she would punish him for that. He liked to read even though he was a slow and unpractised reader, but he loved the way he was able to escape the reality by reading.

''I don't have much time to read.'' He decided to say and smiled to the boy. The ravanette nodded and looked out of the window taking the last brightness of the day in before it would be become dark.

''May I ask what your name is?'' Taehyung tried again. He was curious to know who this boy was. Taehyung was always a more outgoing person. He liked to talk to people and the ravanette was blocking him which led Taehyungs curiosity to almost outburst him.

The boy licked his lips and turned then to Taehyung.

''Jeongguk.''

''Jeongguk...'' Taehyung let the name melt on his tongue while still keeping eye contact with the ravanette.