Vol. 1 - Chapter 7

✩✩✩

The next morning was cold. The air in the carriage was thin and dusty. Taehyung could hear kids screaming at the end of the train and people walking and talking. His hand moved under the blanket to search blindly for Jeongguk, but he only felt the cold seat. He sat confused up and blinked at the view of the sun shining through the gap in between the curtains of the train window. He searched for Jeongguk but didn't see him. Immediately his body felt alarmed and totally awake. Where was the boy?

He looked to Jeongguks side only to see that the suitcase was still there. His shoulder relaxed and he circled his head. The boy surely went to the bathroom. Within seconds the carriage was opened and a smiley Jeongguk came in. He was in a good mood. He was wearing a light blue blouse and some black tight trousers. Of course, Taehyung could not miss the fact that the last two buttons were not buttoned.

''Good morning.'' The boy smiled shyly as he sat down in his seat and looked over to Taehyung which was having serious trouble with his hair. Taehyung smiled still tiredly at the boy and mumbled a greeting back. He patted his hair, hoping that it would stop standing up in various direction. Jeongguk chuckled and grabbed his hairbrush and walked up to him.

''Here, I think this will help.'' The younger grinned and Taehyung took it.

''How long until we arrive?'' He asked with his raspy morning voice and he saw how Jeongguk shuddered. He grinned. He heard often that people praised him for his deep voice.

''Only some more hours. Around four hours did the conductor say.'' Jeongguk did not sound pleased by telling him the news. Taehyung nodded while brushing his hair.

''Then I should get ready.'' He gave Jeongguk the brush back and stood up. He met Jeongguks eyes on his height and the boy smiled. He felt how the younger took his hand in his. ''Did you sleep well?''

Taehyung nodded and his heart melted at the boys cuteness. ''How about you?'' Jeongguks eyes filled itself again with much love and sparkled their way to Taehyungs eyes. ''It was the best I had in the last three months.'' The boy admitted and Taehyung smiled satisfied. He was happy that the boy had a good sleep.

Taehyung saw how Jeongguk took a step closer to Taehyung and moved his head closer to the older ones. Taehyung knew exactly what the ravanette was trying to do but he stopped him. He pulled out of Jeongguks hold and cupped his face. ''Let me wash up first, yeah?'' He said and Jeongguk blushed madly. Taehyung chuckled and pressed a kiss on his forehead.

''Alright, alright.'' Jeongguk moved embarrassed to his place but without letting Taehyung out of his sight.

Taehyung changed his clothes well knowing that Jeongguk was looking at him. Now, by daylight the ravanette had a pretty good view on Taehyungs tanned body. As soon as Taehyung was done, he folded his used clothes and put them back in his bag. Not that he had a lot of clothes with him, but he felt embarrassed to stay in the same clothes after he saw that Jeongguk changed as well.

When he turned around, he saw that Jeongguks face was not as delighted as he thought. He frowned. What was wrong?

''All those scars...did you get them from working?'' Jeongguk asked carefully and Taehyung sighed. He should have seen that coming. He had some blue spots from when he was beaten up yesterday but at the same time, his upper body as well as his back and his left thigh had had visible and clear scars.

''Well...'' Taehyung started but closed his mouth again when he didn't know the answer. He licked nervously his lips. He decided to play dumb. This was the easiest solution that always worked in his daily life, ''The bullies yesterday.''