Vol. 1 - Chapter 9

✩✩✩

The air was warm and suffocating. In front of him were a lot of people standing waiting for their family, friends, or business partner. He saw kids running towards adults or friends hugging. He smiled at the scenario. Must feel good to know that someone was waiting for you.

''Is someone here for you?'' Taehyung asked Jeongguk but stumbled when someone pushed him aside to pass. Jeongguk laid a hand on Taehyung upper arm and nodded.

''Yes Jimin, a friend of mine should be here.'' Jeongguk smiled and gave Taehyung a sign to follow him. The two boys walked through the train station which was impressionable for Taehyung. It was so big and crowded. They reached a parking lot in front of the train station. Busy people or family walking around.

He saw cars. The newest models. He saw barely cars in his hometown. Only the really rich person had one, like Jeongguks family.

''There he is.'' Jeongguk showed to a small blond boy standing next to a tall blond boy. Both were standing in front of a black car. They were definitely rich too.

''Okay.'' Taehyung said and looked around. He had no clue where to go.

''I-I have something for you.'' Jeongguk mentioned and Taehyung frowned. ''You already gave me too much, Jeongguk.'' The younger one shook his head and grabbed a book out of his suitcase bag.

''Here.'' He pushed the book in Taehyungs chest and breathed heavy like he was about to cry.

''I can't-''

''Just take it. Please.'' Jeongguk finally looked at Taehyungs eyes. They were teary. Taehyung bit his lip and nodded. Taehyung took the book and looked at it. He read slowly the title. The little prince.

''The little prince?''

Jeongguk nodded. ''You are pretty similar. I hope you will find you place.'' Jeongguks voice was quivering but he forced a smile.

Taehyung was speechless. He didn't know what to say. He wasn't good at goodbyes. He never had any goodbyes. He left some gifts for his siblings before he came here. He had nothing for Jeongguk.

''I don't have a gift for you.''

Jeongguk chuckled but it sounded sad. ''You drew me. That was a gift. You gave me so much Taehyung. You don't even know.''

''Jeongguk!'' Suddenly the blond small boy called and waved happily. Jeongguk held up his hand and looked back at Taehyung.

''You got this Taehyung.''

''Jeongguk-'' This time he stopped himself and Jeongguk waited for him to continue. He looked hopeful at the boy. Taehyung shook almost non visible his head.

''Have a great time at your aunts, angel.''

Jeongguk smiled heartbroken and scrunched his nose like he always did when Taehyung called him like that.

''Bye.'' Jeongguk whispered and touched slightly Taehyungs hand to feel him for the last time before he turned around and walked away.

Taehyung stood there following Jeongguk on his way to his friends. The blond small boy immediately wrapped his arms around Jeongguk and pulled him in a hug. Jeongguk let his suitcase sink to the floor and smiled. Taehyung could not hear what they were saying but they seemed happy. The taller one took Jeongguks suitcase and ruffled the boys hair. He earned a smile from Jeongguk and the two friends moved apart. The smaller one clapped excitingly in his hand while the taller one brought the suitcase in the car.

Taehyung saw how Jeongguk stopped the tall one to take something out of the suitcase. It was the bag of chips. The bacon chips Jeongguk bought on the train. He gave them to presumably Jimin with a big grin and earned a laughter of happiness from his friend. Jeongguk shined like a star. The boy was a truly caring friend.