Vol. 1 - Chapter 3

✩✩✩

''So your father is Jeon Joonhyun? The one that ones that big factory of cutlery?'' Taehyung raised his eyebrow and Jeongguk nodded. Taehyung laughed. Wow he was sitting with one of the richest kids of his town in a carriage.

''Why are you laughing?'' The ravanette frowned.

''You must be hella rich and then I am her, being a farmer kids with 40 000 won in my pocket.'' Taehyung chuckled but Jeongguk was not laughing.

''Money is not the most important thing in this world, Taehyung.'' Jeongguk stated and folded his legs on his seat.

''Well it kind of is. I wouldnt be wearing these clothes my mother sewed and wouldn't starve almost to death if I had money.'' Taehyung stated and pointed on his thin brown trousers and his thin grey sweatshirt.

Jeongguk bit his lip and nodded slowly.

''Tell me about your family.'' Taehyung asked and leaned his shoulder against the wall.

Jeongguk was thinking a second before he started to talk about his family.

''My father is Jeon Joonhyun as you know. My mother's name is Heyoon and she is one of the loveliest people on the world. She works with my dad in the factory. She made the design of the cutlery. I have a 23-year old big brother called Chanwoo. He is four years older than me. He is studying astrology in Seoul. He always sends me books to read.'' Jeongguk smiled. This time it was bigger, and his teeth were showing. He looked like a bunny which made Taehyung almost coo. So, he was able to smile brighter than his tiny smile.

''I don't know what to say more. I finished last year school and now I work with my father at the factory. I have a handful of friends but I prefer to sit in our garden and read books.'' Jeongguks eyes felt on the book that was laying on his suitcase. Taehyungs eyes followed Jeongguks and he saw that small notebook that was visibly often used.

''Do you want to work there? Do you want to take over the factory of your father in future?'' Taehyung asked and scanned Jeongguks face how his expression changed. The boy frowned and shook his head.

''No, not really...''

Taehyung nodded. ''Do you want to be an author?''

Jeongguks head shoot up and looked at Taehyung with a spark in his eyes. ''That would be a dream come true.'' He smiled sadly.

''That's the reason you write in your small notebook, right?'' Taehyung pointed at it and Jeongguk nodded.

''Yes, I write ideas down and some small paragraphs. I write some poetry as well. I love the creativity that is flowing through my veins.'' The boy was glowing when he spoke about his interests.

''Then you should move to a bigger town and try to study some writing.'' Taehyung smiled and the boy shrugged his shoulder.

''My brother is already studying, and someone needs to take over the factory. What about you? Tell me about your family. Will you take over your farm?''

Taehyungs breast clenched. He didn't want to talk about his family and about how he fled.

''I grew up with my mother and my father, an older sister and a younger brother. When I was thirteen my father died. A disease that was transmitted by the dirty water and then I became the man. Needed to work like my father did, so I dropped out of school. I am not the best reader as you noticed.'' He explained and Jeongguk just nodded and smiled in tiny.

''I worked hard to earn money and let my family be happy. Then suddenly four years later my mom married this man.'' Taehyung spit the 'man' like he was disgusted because he clearly was, ''He thought he was the man in the family now. He always degraded me.'' Taehyung laughed bitterly not seeing how Jeongguk looked compassioned at him.