Vol. 1 - Chapter 5

✩✩✩

Taehyung lip corners moved up and he laid his hand on Jeongguks knee.

''So why were you crying?''

The boy breathed shakingly in before he spoke. ''My brother is 23. He is the oldest in the family. Always was kind of a rebel. He is selfish and such an idiot but lovely at the same time. He gifts me a lot of things from Seoul and comes to visit us on birthdays and holidays. I really love him even though we bicker a lot when we meet.'' Jeongguk snickered and rubbed his sleeves on his eyes.

Taehyung looked at Jeongguk the whole time. He wanted to give the ravanette the feeling that he was not judged, and he was listening to everything. He smiled at the boy and nodded. Jeongguk smiled slightly back before the smile fell and Jeongguk laid his hand softly on Taehyungs.

''B-But I also had a bigger sister.''

Taehyungs heart broke at the way he said the sentence. It was full of sadness.

''She was the best bigger sister in the world. She was always there for me. Read for me before going to sleep and later read with me. She was such a nice and helpful person. She wanted to become a nurse but at the same time she loved to write. She always wrote stories about what happened to her at work. She turned her daily life into a short story. Her fantasy was endless. She made me love to write and read. She was my biggest inspiration. My endless love.''

Jeongguks eyes lit up while talking about his sister and Taehyungs heart clenched. He felt how Jeongguk was squishing his hand fearing to cry again while he was looking straight into Taehyungs eyes.

''She was my a-always. My everything. She was always there a-and then she was g-gone.'' The boys eyes filled with tears and he took deep breaths in trying not to cry. When he heard Taehyung mumbling ''It is okay to cry.'' He let go of everything and cried. Loud sobs filled the air. Heartbroken words were covered by the tears that streamed down his face.

Taehyung carefully took Jeongguks face in his hands and the boy closed his eyes. Taehyung felt how the boy was leaning in his touch. Taehyung knew very well how it was to be touched after a long time. He never had a good relationship with his mother. Never got any kind of love from her. His father showered him with love until he died but his stepdad was even colder as his mother. Growing up in a cold environment led Taehyung and his siblings to be not that touchy and keeping their emotion and affection to themselves. 

''You are so strong, Jeongguk.'' Taehyung whispered and dried his cheeks and kissed his forehead. The ravanette shook his head.

''I'm so weak Taehyung. My sister did everything for me. She protected me and now she is gone. These three months were hell. She promised me to stay forever.'' Jeongguk looked with his big teary eyes at Taehyung and the farmer boy sighed.

''Nothing is constant. Nothing is endless.''

Jeongguk sighed.

''My father always said once that the dead ones live as stars when they die.''

Jeongguks eyes went big, and his eyes moved to the window.

''You think she is there?''

''Yeah, I think she is there, right next to my father. She would say that you should be strong and that she is with you. Always. Right here.'' Taehyung touched softly Jeongguks chest right where his heart was.

Jeongguk smiled softly. ''Thank you Taehyung.''

''Don't thank me for that.'' He smiled and Jeongguk dried with his sleeve paws his eyes. He breathed deeply in and looked back at Taehyung. He looked like he was hardly thinking.