The Water Flowers of Cerulean City

It took them a while, but they are finally getting closer to Cerulean City. For some reason Misty has been acting strangely. She is hesitant and unsuccessfully tries to convince the others to go to Vermilion City instead. Y/N has just noted that a certain red-head isn't with them, and turning around he sees Misty rushing to catch up to them. Skidding to a stop beside them, a panting Misty demands to know where they think they're going.

Misty: Hey! Wait a minute! Where do you think you're going?

Y/N: Um... We're going to Cerulean City.

Misty: Cerulean City?!? What are you going there for?!?

Y/N: I'm going to challenge the Cerulean City Gym.

Misty: Uh, Y/N. You don't want to challenge that gym, trust me.

Y/N: Why not?

Misty: Because they're all...

She pauses for a minute.

Y/N: All what?

Misty: Very scary ghost Pokemon that look like this.

She desperately explains. She then proceeds to make a terrifying face, pulling her eyelids and her lips wide, poking out her tongue and taking on a bluish cast.

Misty: Rike mronsters.

She muffles out through her tongue. But if she is hoping to scare Y/N, she's to be sadly disappointed. Because he just laughs.

Y/N: (laughing) Nice face, Misty. Let's go already.

Y/N and Brock continue walking until Misty jumps up in front of them with her arms spread to the sides.

Misty: Hey! Wait! Wait a second! Hey, what about Vermilion City? It's right on the water and there are lots of neat Pokemon, and you can watch all the giant yachts pulling into the harbor, and there's a little park way up on a hill where you can sit and watch the sunset, that's so romantic.

Y/N: Uh huh.

Misty: It's much nicer than that old Cerulean City, so let's get going!

Y/N: "Okay, Misty is acting really weird. I wonder why."

Y/N: Okay. Let's go there!

Misty: Really?

Y/N: After Cerulean City.

Misty falls over in disbelief.

Y/N: Sorry, Misty. We gotta go with what's closest. And since there's a gym in Cerulean City it's the closest place to go.

Brock: Yeah, makes sense to me.

Y/N and Brock began walking to Cerulean City. Misty stays behind and murmurs herself.

Misty: Ah! I never wanted to wind up back here!

She gives up and follows the boys.

The Next Day

The next day finds the sun shining over Cerulean City, which most certainly does not look like the domain of Ghost Pokemon. Y/N and Brock enter Cerulean City and make their way down the clean streets, remarking on what a nice place it looks like.

Y/N: So this is Cerulean City, eh, Brock?

Brock: Pretty nice place, isn't it?

Y/N: Yeah, pretty cool!

Y/N turns around to see if Misty is following them, but to his shock, she is no where to be seen.

Y/N: That's weird. Misty's still not following us.