Oooh, shiny!

We see our hero Y/N walking through forest with his Dratini on his shoulder. He was walking very carefully making sure he doesn't make any loud noises, while looking around as if he was looking for something.

Dratini: (growls) (What are we doing here again?)

Dratini asks his trainer, getting his attention. 

Y/N: There is a Pokemon in this forest that I wanna catch.

Dratini: (growls) (What Pokemon?)

And Y/N begins to explain to his dragon type what Pokemon they are looking for. 

Flashback (few hours ago)

We see our heroes inside a Pokemon center. Brock is brushing his newly caught Vulpix, Misty is eating her lunch and Y/N is waiting for Nurse Joy to bring his Pokemon back to him. He then hears two trainers talking about a Pokemon they encountered in the nearby forest.

Male Trainer: So you tried catching that shiny Vulpix too?

Female Trainer: Yeah.

This peaks Y/N's interest and he began closely listening what they are talking about. 

Female Trainer: Not only being shiny, but it's also super strong.

Male Trainer: Yeah, that explains why so many trainers come here in hopes of catching that Vulpix.

The two walk away from the counter while continuing their chat, leaving Y/N alone with his thoughts. 

Y/N: "A super strong shiny Vulpix, huh".

End of Flashback

Y/N finished explaining this to his Dratini while the two continued searching for the shiny fire type. 

Dratini: (growls) (And now you want to try catching it.)

Y/N: Yes. I'm gonna try and will catch it.

He comments. But as he speaks he doesn't notice a root that is sticking out of the ground and trips on it. And so he and Dratini fall on the ground and roll down a hill that was right in front of them. They stop rolling as Y/N hits a tree which was placed at the end of the hill. 

Y/N: Ouch! You okay Dratini?

Dratini: (growls) (Yeah. I'm okay.)

As they got back up and Dratini slithered back to Y/N's shoulder, they heard a rustling coming from the bushes. They turned to source of the sound, expecting it to be Vulpix, but their dreams were crushed when Oddish jumped out of the bushes. 

Oddish: Oddish? (Are you two okay?)

Y/N: Yeah, we're good. Hey, you wouldn't happen to know where is the Vulpix that has a different colouring.