Here Comes the Squirtle Squad!

Y/N, Misty, and Brock are walking down the road to Vermilion City. Y/N is pretty pleased with himself as he skips down the road, humming our favorite theme. Becoming a Pokemon trainer looks like it'll be a snap. Or will it? Can things continue to go so smoothly? Maybe Y/N is too confident. He better keep his eyes glued to the road ahead. Who knows what pitfalls are waiting to swallow up our young hero?

Y/N notices his right foot sink into the ground as he steps down.

Y/N: Huh?

Misty and Brock stop to notice, but the ground gives way, causing them to land in a pit.

All three: AHHHHHH!

Misty: A pitfall! Really!

Brock: Ow! I landed on my head!

Y/N: (groans)

They got back on their feet.

Brock: It must be a prank.

Misty: Someone has a bad sense of humor.

Y/N: Who would play such a rotten trick?

Our heroes look up and see a quintet of Pokemon peer down into the hole and laugh at those trapped inside. They are all wearing sunglasses, but one of them had sharper shades.

Brock: Who are you?!

Misty: What's so funny? We could have been hurt!

The Pokemon continue to laugh and stop peering into the hole just as Y/N climbs out.

Y/N: Dangerous practical jokes are nothing to laugh about!

Misty and Brock climb out of the hole as well and they soon realize who and what their pranksters are. It's a quintet of Squirtle! Y/N does what every trainer does and pulls out his Pokedex.

Squirtle, this tiny turtle Pokemon draws its long neck into its shell to launch incredible water attacks with amazing range and accuracy

Squirtle, this tiny turtle Pokemon draws its long neck into its shell to launch incredible water attacks with amazing range and accuracy. The blasts can be quite powerful.

Y/N: Well, I do need a water type on my team.

He pulls out a Poke Ball, tosses in the air. The ball opens up, and Bulbasaur materializes on the field.

Y/N: Bulbasaur, Sleep Powder, go!

Bulbasaur: Bulbasaur! (Here goes!)

Bulbasaur uses Sleep Powder at the Squirtle leader but one of the Squirtles got in the way, getting hit with white dust instead. And it fell asleep.

Lead Squirtle: Squirtle Squirtle? (You okay man?)

Bulbasaur: Bulbasaur? (Who's next?)

Lead Squirtle: Squirtle Squirtle. (I'm not scared of you)

Bulbasaur and the lead Squirtle stare down each other, almost old western style. Until a distant police siren is heard, causing the gang of Squirtle to retreat to the confusion of our heroes.