Holiday Hi-Jynx

We open up to see that it's snowing. It's currently Christmas, and kids everywhere are waiting for their presents from Santa, including the resident of a distant castle.

 It's currently Christmas, and kids everywhere are waiting for their presents from Santa, including the resident of a distant castle

Every Christmas Eve, children nestled in their beds dream of Santa and the presents they hope he... Hey! Wait a second! That's no kid! It's Jessie from Team Rocket. She is currently sleeping on a bed.

Jessie: (while sleeping) To protect the world from devastation. Hurry up and get here, Santa.

Never mind, she pretends to be asleep, as the window to her room is slowly opened. Figure is seen and heard entering through the window, causing Jessie to smile in her "sleep". Suddenly, the figure gets caught in a trap and Meowth shows up out of nowhere.

Meowth: We got him!

Jessie: Merry Christmas, Santa Claus!

The lights in the room light up. The scene reveals that it was a trap devised by Team Rocket to capture Santa Claus. Jessie and Meowth are enthusiastic about their capture, and cannot wait for the real Santa to come to be trapped.

Jessie and Meowth: Our Santa trap worked!

Jessie: We did it! (laughs in triumph) Now we'll get to keep everyone's presents!

Meowth: I told you this was foolproof.

Jessie: And now all we have to do is wait for the real Santa to fall into our trap. (chuckles)

Turns out, the person captured wasn't really Santa, but James wearing a Santa suit.

James: I feel just like a Guinea Pig in a gunny sack!

Jessie: Now that we tried the trap, we can trust it to trick that trickster!

Meowth: Santa Claus is a trickster?

Jessie: I saw with my own eyes that he's a trickster and a thief.

Jessie recalls the night 10 years ago when she stopped believing in Santa. When waiting awake for him, a Jynx appeared from the chimney and does nothing but take her doll, broken and thrown to the fireplace moments earlier by Jessie in her waiting enthusiasm.

James: That's funny. Santa never stole any of my toys.

Meowth: Sounds screwy to me. Maybe it was a sugarplum dancing in your head.

Jessie: Don't call me screwy, you fur ball! I know what I saw, and Santa's a Jynx!

With our heroes

Meanwhile, in the southern part of the Kanto region, where apparently it's not snowing. Y/N and his friends are scouting out a Jynx on a sunny beach, who is holding a single black boot.

Y/N: It's a Jynx!

Our heroes decide to approach it by crawling slowly towards it.

Brock: Y/N, see what Pokedex has to say.