Next Door Neighbor

🐹+🔧=🏳‍🌈

(Ch1ld 4b*53 (Kids)

"Gundham! Look!" Kazuichi hollered,pointing at a worm that was moving in the mud, "they're so slimy and gooey!" He snickered, picking it up and throwing it at Gundham, making him squeal and back up, "KAZUICHI! NOOOO!!!" Tanaka complained, covering his face, "stoopp!!!"

Kazuichi just tilted his head and walked towards him, moving his arms slowly, "hey... Don't get scared, it's only a worm.." He smiled, patting Gundhams back, "kazuichi... Can we only watch it, i-I don't want to pick it up..."

"Huh? Oh, yeah"

Kazuichi sat down under the tree, Gundham following, their backs were rested against the trees bark, they were both watching the worm move around, being free.

"..."

"Gundham..." Souda whispered, resting his head on Gundhams shoulder, "Worms are free..."

"..."

"... And?"

"... Why can't I be free?"

Tanaka chuckled softly and suddenly, his laugh faded as soon as he heard a voice, "Gundham! Sweety! It's about to rain again! Come inside!"

Tanaka got up and turned to Kazuichi, noticing he disappeared, "..."

"... Coming!" He grabbed his things and ran up to his mom, giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek, "momma, I made a friend in the backyard!" He smiled, "..."

Akumi just chuckled and kissed his head, "sweety-..." She paused and just shook her head, "... Of course you did"

Tanaka smiled and ran up to the couch, turning the TV on.

But that's when he remembered, "...why can't I be free?"

What did the brown headed boy mean? Free? From what?

He needs to go back in the backyard!

He grabbed an umbrella and ran outside, "Kazuichi!" He called out, until Kazuichi finally appeared on the other side of the fence, "... Gundham... I can't talk to you" Souda murmured, a frown appearing on his face, "my dad found out I was talking to you and..." He just smiled, "he said that I didn't need friends because I have him"

"..."

Tanaka just glared at him, noticing a bruise on his cheek, "..."

"... Wh-Whats this?" Gundham asked, leaning close to him and touching his cheek, "ah!" Kazuichi just smiled and softly slapped his hand away, "papa said it was a friendly hit! It's okay! - wait... Your mom doesn't friendly hit you?" He questioned, "..."

Tanaka just took a step back, "stay here... I need to call my mom..."

"Okay!" Kazuichi smiled, his braces showing.

"..."

When Gundham finally got his mom and took her outside, he realized Kazuichi was gone, "momma... Something weird is happening over there on Kazuichis side... He needs help..." He whispered, hugging in her sleeve, "Gundham, sweet heart..." She just turned to him and kissed his forehead, "it's probably noth-"

"I saw a bruise on his cheek and he said he wanted to be free...."

Akumi's eyes widened, "... Gundham... Go inside, I will talk to his father, okay?"

Tanaka nodded his head and ran inside, "..."

- - - -

Akumi walked to the neighbors front yard and rang the doorbell, "Mr Souda, may I speak to you!" She called out.

As soon as she said that, a taller, brown headed make appeared at the door, "whadya want?" He grunted, "I am here to speak about something important-... Your son" She said, taking a peak inside his house, looking for Kazuichi, "My Son has said that he noticed a bruise on his cheek, and he was quiet curious on what it was, would you be a dear and explain why he has it?" She asked.

Tatauo just smirked, "that idiot's a clutz, its normal for him to have bruises here and there, not mah problem" He huffed, about to close the door, "halt! Allow me to take care of your son! I will ran his wounds!" Akumi demanded, "no! Back off! It's my son!" He growled, making Akumi glare, "im a medic, I know what I'm doing, but your attitude is quite suspicious...are you hitting your son?" She glared, "He's a child, no child deserves to go through that!" She shouted, "no! Fuck off! He's fine here!" He slammed the door shut in her face and turned to the corner Kazuichi was in... But he wasn't there.

- - - -

"Gundham..." Souda whispered, "... I'm scared... He's gonna come back..." He whined, trying to hop over the fence, "Kazuichi..." Tanaka just frowned and grabbed his hand, "hop over here..."

Souda was climbing the fence and landed in Gundhams arms, "see Kazuichi?"

"..."

"Let's bring you inside, okay? My mom said she'll deal with your dad later... But... Think of this more like a sleepover? Okay" He smiled, hugging Kazuichi, "...okay..."